Going to wheels in motion on Tuesday. (Car pulling to the left)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
This is my 3rd week of MB ownership, and since day one I've felt flat due to it constantly pulling to the left, I've had it tracked, balanced/tyre pressures, but still no joy. It's actually hurting my wrist holding the damn thing straight.

So did some googling, and it threw up WIM, the bloke on the phone said "MB set their cars up for LHD and don't alter the geometry for RHD", thus causing it to pull.

WIM are doing 50 cars a week, because they have designed a bespoke program to manipulate MB's factory settings..

Will post results on Tuesday

Wish me luck, because this is ruining my MB ownership

My local tyre guy did mine 2 years ago, bloody car pulls to the right now when I go to France.

Good on you, this is a disgusting failure from MB in my book. Anybody thinking of buying one - walk if it goes left, get a BMW or Audi instead.

Send the *******s the bill.

Good on you, this is a disgusting failure from MB in my book. Anybody thinking of buying one - walk if it goes left, get a BMW or Audi instead.

Send the *******s the bill.

I've just had my Audi A5 nicked, and tbh I think I've made a mistake buying this merc [emoji853]

See how it is after the alignment, if it still bugs you run with your gut...

WIM sorted the pulling-to-the-left on my Vauxhall Omega some years ago, but I had a W203 since and a W204 now and both drive straight as an arrow... both cars have been to WIM as a matter of course, full geometry tested and adjusted etc, but again no pulling to the left before after... Good Luck with your visit.

WIM sorted the pulling-to-the-left on my Vauxhall Omega some years ago, but I had a W203 since and a W204 now and both drive straight as an arrow... both cars have been to WIM as a matter of course, full geometry tested and adjusted etc, but again no pulling to the left before after... Good Luck with your visit.

Can you remember how much it cost roughly?

WIM sorted the pulling issue on my S211 a few years back. Transformed it!

WIM sorted the pulling issue on my S211 a few years back. Transformed it!

I really hope I have the same result. Bloke on the phone said all the right things

If Tony is still there, you'll get a proper job done!

Edit: that doesn't mean you won't if he's not!! Just Tony was a really good bloke (and had an excellent Lotus Esprit!).

Last edited:
LOL Understand! Don't worry, WIM are good! Good luck!

I think Tony Bones sold the company a few years ago after the sad loss of his wife.
Tony really knows his stuff and many Manufactures were happy for him to sort out tracking issues as well as private owners.
Just check out all the car clubs that have used his services over many many years.

The good news is the new company (may be Blackboots) are still using Tont programs to help you set your car up perfectly.

So i have every faith he can sort out your cars pulling issue.

Enjoy your drive home..

You could properly arrange a Mercedes day at WIM

Last edited:
After its all been done make sure the steering wheel is straight.

I always have my cars checked by WIM as a matter of course, had the CL done recently not pulling, just gives me piece of mind. WIM are highly recommended.

Last edited:
I think Tony Bones sold the company a few years ago after the sad loss of his wife.
Tony really knows his stuff and many Manufactures were happy for him to sort out tracking issues as well as private owners.
Just check out all the car clubs that have used his services over many many years.

The good news is the new company (may be Blackboots) are still using Tont programs to help you set your car up perfectly.

So i have every faith he can sort out your cars pulling issue.

Enjoy your drive home..

You could properly arrange a Mercedes day at WIM

Yes, bloke did answer "black boots" if it isn't fixed, I'll seek out Tony, and offer him my soul

Tony moved further down south so not sure if he is still involved with the day to day running of the company but i am sure who ever is there will have the correct set up for your car.

I am still there and with my sister company BlackBoots... As said i lost my wife to cancer and went through a really bad time, then just as i was pulling myself back together i fell ill and have a daily battle but no cancer thank god.... As things stand now is i go in for technical support with problematic cars and as it happens i plan to go in for this car...

I am still there and with my sister company BlackBoots... As said i lost my wife to cancer and went through a really bad time, then just as i was pulling myself back together i fell ill and have a daily battle but no cancer thank god.... As things stand now is i go in for technical support with problematic cars and as it happens i plan to go in for this car...

Sorry to hear that buddy, chin up

And nice to know it'll be in good hands. [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom