Going under the knife - again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
Today's the day! Got to be at the Queen Alexandra Hospital, nr Portsmouth, for 7am - so an early start this morning (alarm set for 5am).

This time, I'm having a lump that measures approx. 4"x3"x1" removed from my upper thigh. They think it's a lipoma, but will be doing a biopsy to be sure.

In theory, it should just be a day surgery procedure, but who knows with my track record!? :D

Anyhow, see you on the other side!

Best of luck :thumb:

Had two biopsies and two hernia operations and lived to tell the tale! :D

It's not that bad really...

All the best and a speedy recovery!

Good luck with the OP.

Good luck mate, hope it all goes well.

Best wishes.........bet you're not up so early tomorrow!

Don't worry: I had my Lipoma removed at my local Doctor's surgery, using only local anaesthetic. It was all over in less than 30 minutes.

It took far longer in waiting for the results of the biopsy.

Also, the scar took the best part of 12 months to totally disappear.

Cheers, chaps. Just got back home and feeling rather unwell.

As it happened, I had two lumps removed and was in theatre for about an hour - so no quick job.

Recovery took much, much longer - 4 hours to come back round! It was getting to the point where it looked as though I might have to stay over night.

Anyhow, I'm still alive and, although not kicking or particularly with it, at least I'm a bit less lumpy! :D

Getting over the anesthesia is sometimes the toughest part.

Glad you're home and less lumpy :D

Is this thread connected to your other 'shaving' thread by any chance?

Happy you're on the mend.

Is your willy still attached ?

Don't worry: I had my Lipoma removed at my local Doctor's surgery, using only local anaesthetic. It was all over in less than 30 minutes.

It took far longer in waiting for the results of the biopsy.

Also, the scar took the best part of 12 months to totally disappear.

I had the same years ago,only at a hospital out patients,a very simple proceedure.All the best.

Woken up today with a very sore throat and neck - feels like they shoved a hedgehog down my throat! It's so sore that I can only lie on my back, rather than on my side, to look at my tablet.

Of the wound sites, my elbow feels fine, no noticeable pain there at all however, my thigh is rather sore - not surprising considering the size of the wound.

Anyhow, all-in-all, not too bad an experience. Here's hoping that the healing process goes smoothly.

Oh, yes HB, it is still attached, so your wife wife be pleased! :p :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom