Gold bolts on split rims?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pupsi

Car
W124 E500
Have currently got these wheels:

Image030.jpg

To go on this:

SP_A0041-1.jpg

Am going to polish the faces of these wheels now, so am thinking about changing the bolts to gold ones.
The E500 is silver and the wheels are also polished silver so am thinking gold bolts would help break it up a little bit.

Thoughts and comments of all sorts appreciated :)

How would you do it ?

Get them anodised ?

Would keep them chrome finish if anything. Gold is rarely my thing and and an all silver car, I think it would spoil it.

The 124 looks slammed, liking it :D

yeh gold will look silly... also be wary of the polished face.. it will go milky instantly in british weather.

will be interesting to see how these wheels look on the car though...

How would you do it ?

Get them anodised ?

You can readily buy bolts in gold, no idea how its done.

Will be using proper wheel cleaner and sealant on them regularly so should be fine, even in this weather!

Can show you how they look in my hallway lol

SP_A0060.jpg

Last edited:
Gold on a silver merc yuck

It will look like all thought lexus cars where they have the badges plated.

Less is more I think so Its a no from me. The wheels will look great on there own.

I think you should stick with the silver bolts & leave the gold ones to the VW/ Golf mk2 brigade.... I think these wheels will look stunning tho!

Don't go gold Pupsi - I think it would look awful! nice e500.

Managed to bodge a pic together, it's not an E500 but it should give you an idea. BBS RMs with gold centres looked cool in the 80s though...

Attachments

• 124amggoldbolts.jpg
    124amggoldbolts.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 78
Thanks Shude, i think that picture helped put things in perspective for me!
Doesnt really go on a silver car, however, if my car was a different colour i think i would definitely go for it.

they would look good on a black car, mate of mine refurbishes BBS rims and always supplies gold bolts on the splits, they look awesome,

How would you do it ?

Get them anodised ?

FYI howard the bolts will be made out of steel and you can only anodise aluminium, they would be gold plated which a suprising amount of companies can do,

I have stainless steel bolts on My BBS RS's

You could paint the centres black or gunmetal, then the gold studs would look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom