Gold Plug manufactures Magnetic Sump Drain Plugs of the highest quality.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EuroCarParts

Authorised Forum Sponsor
Car
European
giphy.gif

Gold Plug manufactures Magnetic Sump Drain Plugs of the highest quality.

Constructed from a 303 Stainless Steel body that houses the strongest, highest temperature, N45SH Neodymium magnet available.

The magnet is secured in place with a proprietary 2 step process and will never come out. Advancements in technology and materials means Gold Plug is continually evolving and at the forefront of technology.

The strong Neodymium magnet collects any swarf or wear particles missed by the oil filter, these particles are abrasive and potentially damaging to the engine.

The magnet will hold any collected metal firmly, unaffected by temperature variation until the oil is changed. Magnetic sump plugs are a proven product and even used by some manufacturers as standard, examples are available on the market today however few match the quality of Gold Plug and those that do are very expensive.

Last edited:
bit pointless, no stock for delivery and no stock local :fail

Is there any data on this? Before and after tests etc?

Hello Mickey Stich,

Apologies for the late reply,
To check for stock availability please enter your reg into our system or call 02034740500 or email [email protected].

Regards,
Seyi

Errrr yeah did that , have used euro for years as run a fleet of 350 vehicles (I also have a trade account) so kind of know my way around the website.

Errrr yeah did that , have used euro for years as run a fleet of 350 vehicles (I also have a trade account) so kind of know my way around the website.

Sarcasm. Did he know that?

I checked for my car...it is available.

Last edited:

I couldn't find it at first by using the search so had to go through the categories.

The current 20% discount is also more than the forum discount on this part :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with a bit of sarcasm, lets be fair I come on here and so typing my own reg number into a little yellow box specifically there to search parts on a website that has been running for years is not really hard, which was my point, glad yours is available, snap it up though ;)

Nothing wrong with a bit of sarcasm, lets be fair I come on here and so typing my own reg number into a little yellow box specifically there to search parts on a website that has been running for years is not really hard, which was my point, glad yours is available, snap it up though ;)

Not difficult at all...but I searched for a w204 220 and found one too.

A lot of engine components are aluminium now so I would think the benefits are somewhat reduced from what they may have been say 10 years ago.

A lot of engine components are aluminium now so I would think the benefits are somewhat reduced from what they may have been say 10 years ago.

Yes, but probably not to a great extent.

The friction parts are still mostly steel. Conrods, pins, crank/cam, etc.

Even all-alloy blocks have steel cylinder liners.

Even all-alloy blocks have steel cylinder liners.
I thought steel or iron liners in an ally crankcase were pretty much extinct these days? Dunno if anyone is still using nikasil but AIUI alusil/silumal is what MB have used for a good while? At least on their own engine designs, dunno about the Renault lumps they're fitting to some models? Alusil isn't a plating/coating like nikasil, the cylinder sleeve is kinda chemically etched to remove some Al and leave a Si rich surface [/gross generalisation]

Conrods, gudgeon pins, cranks, cams etc all run in bearings that are softer than steel and aside from the steel backing of bearing shells non-magnetic. No distributor drives in modern engines and when they were common they weren't commonly steel on steel* leaving the timing chain and sprockets, valve gear and tiny particles of piston ring (plated or moly coated for alusil?) off the top of my head?

* last engine i had apart was an air cooled beetle, dizzy drive gear on the crank is brass/yellow metal... steel on steel timing gear and iron cylinders, i do have a magnetic sump plug on that purely as standard beetle engines have no oil filter to speak of. Just a 'tea strainer' and i've yet to see much in the way of swarf stuck to the sump plug.
Diffs or gearboxes on the other hand...

Not sure about other MB engines, but as far as I am aware the M271 engine fitted to my C180K has a cast aluminium block with cast- in iron cylinder liners.

BlackC55 said:
That's not what I was after. It just shoes filings dropped on a magnet. Has there been any long term testing as to the benefits?

I take that as a no then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom