Gold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
T

tanuie

As you do, the wife was rummaging about in her jewellry box and come up with some odds and sods of chains and old rings, took it to the jewellers and got £400 for it, so it has got to be worth looking for old odds and sods.

Sadly, all my "old odds and sods" were stolen from my home 26 years ago... I still look in second hand jewellery shop windows for one or two that I miss most.

Well done you though!

We had the gold man round our house once.

The next day at Playschool my Daughter chirped up "Yesterday when Daddy was at work a man came to our house and gave Mummy lots of money, she was very happy !" :)

Sadly, all my "old odds and sods" were stolen from my home 26 years ago... I still look in second hand jewellery shop windows for one or two that I miss most.

Well done you though!

Sorry to hear that.

lisa110rry said:
Sadly, all my "old odds and sods" were stolen from my home 26 years ago... I still look in second hand jewellery shop windows for one or two that I miss most. Well done you though!

Sorry to hear this. Same happened with my grandmother in 2014, not long after my grandfather died earlier in the year

Bedfordshire. Two gentleman (*****!) knocked the door stating they were from the water supplier, apparently had uniform and obviously fake ID badges. Whilst one was downstairs keeping her occupied in the kitchen, the other wondered around upstairs

Was only after that she realised the guy upstairs had rummaged through the entire first floor and took every last bit of jewellery up there, and she had quite a collection as well

Fuming!

Sorry to hear this. Same happened with my grandmother in 2014, not long after my grandfather died earlier in the year

Bedfordshire. Two gentleman (*****!) knocked the door stating they were from the water supplier, apparently had uniform and obviously fake ID badges. Whilst one was downstairs keeping her occupied in the kitchen, the other wondered around upstairs

Was only after that she realised the guy upstairs had rummaged through the entire first floor and took every last bit of jewellery up there, and she had quite a collection as well

Fuming!

*******s.

Biggest shocks for us, sitting with a jeweller after our burglary in Jan 2010, was finding that things we thought were below the "single item limit £1600" of our insurance would actually cost more than that to replace, then finding that, on our contents insurance, "non-specified valuables can only be claimed up to a maximium of x% of the total sum insured in any one claim". As a result, we ended up abput £8k out of pocket compared to the replacement cost of the jewellery we lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom