Golf GTI Error Codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ROBB

Car
2001 W203 C220 CDI Estate (Rare Manual!)
:confused:
A mate of mine has a 2000(X) Golf GTI 150bhp giving odd error codes.
The Exhaust emmision light comes on (on switch on) and the following error codes have been read;

17705 (message P1297)
17584 (message P1176)

anyone got any ideas ????
Mechanic thinks an air leak but not sure & wants to strip out the engine bay to find out :eek: :eek:

Thanks in advance
rob (& rob)

What is he using to get those error codes?

They are usually a bit more descriptive I thought, at least when read with VAGCOM.

Graham,
Error codes were read by mechanic (and quite reluctant to give them up!!)
It wasn't VAG COM but something similar. With it being (probably) electrical - he's hoping for a simple DIY fix rather than 2 days on diagnostics..........
rob

Try www.uk-mkivs.net

They may either help with the codes or have someone with VAGCOM in your mates area that can read the codes again.

I could read the codes if he happens to be local to me (North Bucks).

I have the same two codes

I have a 2003 GTI 1.8T and have the exact same two codes. I had them read by vag com and it says "17705 is Pressure drop between Turbo and throttle valve (check D.V.)" and the 17584 is "Bank1: O2 (Lambda) Correction behind catalyst: control limit reached". I already had the diverter valve checked and it is ok. So Im thinking I have a boost leak and possible a bad post cat O2 sensor. Im going to take it to my shop today and have them take a look. Ill let you know what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom