Golf GTi Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
Has anyone any recommendations for some new 16" wheels for a MkIV Golf GTi. The wheels on my sons car are okay, but they are corroded in a few places. I have no experience of refurbish companies and the nearest place that has been recommended is Exeter!!

New Golf GTi wheels are over £1000, which is frightening. We have looked at second hand ones on Ebay, but if the seller is kind enough to send close-up pictures then the wheels they are selling are just as bad as the ones on my sons car. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
John

John ,

I've no experience of these guys but a quick Google turned this up .....

http://www.proofzone.co.uk/pvi43/welcome.htm

Any use ....

Page doesn't seem to have an address, but you can pull a phone number off the photo i guess ......

Mobile seems to be 07810 124173

Landline is ***** (can't read it but presumably the Torquay code) 314443

H

Howard said:
John ,

Hi Howard,
I'm impressed, I have been playing with Google, but am as thick as two short planks. Thanks very much indeed, I'll get number one son to phone them.

Thanks again

Regards,
John

Howard said:
John ,

http://www.proofzone.co.uk/pvi43/welcome.htm

Any use ....

Page doesn't seem to have an address, but you can pull a phone number off the photo i guess ......

Mobile seems to be 07810 124173

Landline is ***** (can't read it but presumably the Torquay code) 314443

H

a huge, big thank you to Howard. This company is based in Torquay :eek: :eek: and are brilliant.

My son has a 1999 Mk IV GTi the wheels for this cost just over £1000. He went to this shop and they are supplying NEW VW Golf GTi wheels for his car. They are still in the boxes, they are genuine wheels with the stamp on the inside etc £399!!!! Unbelieveable. They also supply wheels for Mercedes-Benz at very competitive prices.

£399 for four new wheels!! I wonder how much it would have costto get the old ones refurbished??

Thanks Howard

glojo said:
£399 for four new wheels!! I wonder how much it would have costto get the old ones refurbished?
About the same!

Shude said:
About the same!
Thanks Shude,
I had told my son that, but emphasised I was not sure.

The bottom line is he now has a new set of wheels and could, if he wanted, sell the old ones on Ebay? Use one for a spare? (at present he has a full size steel spare) Or he could simply keep the old wheels just in case! :eek:

I am really grateful to Howard, I had carried out a useless Google search (shows how useless I am) we were considering buying something unseen off Ebay!

My son is now trying to convince us to buy some nice alloys for the 'stretched limo'!! No chance :D

Regards,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom