Good, bad, & ugly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Additional and non related work carried out at the expense of the third party's insurance company.

The suggestion that a boot spoiler was painted and fitted then billed to the third party insurer as though it was part of the accident, when it appears there wasn't even one fitted when the damage occurred?

I guess the dashcam missed that little gem.

I find this covert dashcam spying thing irritating as you can probably tell.

Ideal for driving I agree, but consciously leaving it running when taking the car to a garage for anything then you can only be actively looking for problems. This will end up with dashcam owners having to post a notice on their vehicle about surveillance after some idiot with more time and money than sense ends up in court trying to sue a garage for something completely insignificant and irrelevant.

Last edited:
Ah...I thought it referred to the bit in bold...but now I see it was originally in bold.

I don't take to kindly when people disrespect my property, my cars have & will always be maintained highly which means a near perfect paint finish, free from swirls etc, so please explain why i will look like a "nob" if i mention it.

To some people cars are just transport to be used and abused, I too look after mine only using wash mitts and no gritty sponges, if you take your car to a body shop it should come back to you with the repair like new and the rest as it went in.
But possibly a bit of a wind up so don't bite.;)

Well I can understand your being upset that they used a paper towel to wipe water off your slightly dirty car,but when you hand your car over to a garage or repair shop you take a leap of faith,far worst things have happened, a few years ago I took the firms van into be serviced,later that day I picked to up ,started it drove out the garage and faced with a red traffic light at a very busy junction found I had no brakes,I went sailing across ,the garage let the boy do the service and he put engine oil instead of brake fluid because he thought it looked like the right stuff,I know it is annoying about the paper towel but you got a free spoiler and respray just chill out.

As a member on this forum for good part of 10years i can honestly say i now understand why some people previously stated that this club is very argumentative & its people like you who contribute to this kind of behaviour, i have joined a BMW forum obviously due to purchasing a BMW & nothing like this happens, i have been away for some time & how sad it is to come back start a new thread & get bitchy remarks.

How sad

Astalavista

Don't take it personally, it's only a forum and not worth getting wound up over.

As for the blue towel use, wouldn't bother me as I have an old W210 with plenty of marks on it but I can see how it may annoy someone who is into detailing etc. You had removed your pics so I didn't actually see them. Did you explain to the garage the standard you required and/or complain to them about their unsatisfactory working practices? :dk:

Don't take it personally, it's only a forum and not worth getting wound up over.

As for the blue towel use, wouldn't bother me as I have an old W210 with plenty of marks on it but I can see how it may annoy someone who is into detailing etc. You had removed your pics so I didn't actually see them. Did you explain to the garage the standard you required and/or complain to them about their unsatisfactory working practices? :dk:

I think that he might have already 'left the building'.

I'm not sure what the problem is ? Drying the car with paper towel doesn't strike me as out of order at all ?

Its not like they dried it with a kitchen tea towel that had been sitting in a bucket of gravel.

Am I missing something ?

He's obviously very fussy about his car. Most of us plainly aren't, but it takes all sorts. I'd not let it upset me, though. Dry your eyes, princess, and come on back if you like!

I hope the dashcam is running ( with sound ) when he goes to complain about his car being dried with paper towels.

That will be an interesting few seconds.

update

The dealer did say fetch it back & they'd mop & polish it on site but when he viewed the paintwork & video he insisted it goes back to the bodyshop so they can put it right, he called them whilst i was present & it didn't sound polite. Anyway all sorted now & car back to looking its best.

Attachments

• A..jpg
    A..jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 50
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 52
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 47
Missed a bit :D

Additional and non related work carried out at the expense of the third party's insurance company.

I imagine that if the garage is already working on your car, and you supply a spoiler and ask them if they would fit and paint it 'while they are at it' without charging for if, then this would be fine? The way I see it, it's only an issue if the cost of repair would have been reduced by not getting this done.

The dealer did say fetch it back & they'd mop & polish it on site but when he viewed the paintwork & video he insisted it goes back to the bodyshop so they can put it right, he called them whilst i was present & it didn't sound polite. Anyway all sorted now & car back to looking its best.

Did you leave the camera switched on this time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom