Good buy? Need advice from the people who know!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Connorap

Car
Mercedes CLC 220 Sport
Well as i mentioned a few weeks ago, ive been on the lookout for a C-Class 180k, ive found someone whos selling one with a full service history and is apparently in good nick, my concern is the mileage - 105k. Just worried about problems cropping up left right and center with a car with high miles. Ill post the ebay link below so any advice is greatly appreciated.

* MERCEDES C CLASS COUPE * px swap ? bike boat car van jet ski ? | eBay

Engine chain replaced 25k ago. Ask to see the receipt and make sure it came from a good independent or Mercedes main dealer. Have a good old listen to that engine.

Have a look through receipts. Winter is coming and you may needing a new battery.

Apart from that 105k not an issue.

Some people do not like the manual gearbox but I find them OK - for a manual :devil:

Good Luck with your search.

Engine chain replaced 25k ago. Ask to see the receipt and make sure it came from a good independent or Mercedes main dealer. Have a good old listen to that engine.

Have a look through receipts. Winter is coming and you may needing a new battery.

Apart from that 105k not an issue.

Some people do not like the manual gearbox but I find them OK - for a manual :devil:

Good Luck with your search.

Thanks for the advice, not sure if ill be going to look at it just yet as its over 100 miles away and ill need to take someone who knows a damn site more about cars than myself lol, but ill be asking about the receipts etc.

105,000 miles isnt really high nowadays.

to be honest, if the car is well cared for then its just a number on the dashboard.

Things to look out for ---- its possibly a pre galvanised car so rust could be an issue in the future?---its a seaside location!!!!---- possible jet ski swap?? --- look for a signs of a tow bar and clutch wear . My guess the engine chain was replaced by the first lady owner . Possible px swap ? bike boat car van jet ski ? Hints a bit at desperation -----who knows---- proceed with caution.

Thanks for the advice guys, i think to be honest ill hold off as ive not got enough saved up yet and its over 100 miles away from where i live so its a long way to travel just to have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom