Good deal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UrbanM

Car
C220d AMG LINE Premium Plus
I just signed up for a 3 year service plan for my C Class. Cost £1440.

My next service alone at a MB main dealer was going to cost around £1200.

As far as I’m concerned that’s a good deal.

Ive just had a B service at MB main dealer including plugs brake fluid all filters etc didnt cost that🤔

Goodness me that's a lot !!
The old memory isn’t what it used to be. But I think they said they would do the oil and filter. Air filter. Pollen filter. Check and grease the sunroof mechanism and something else which I can’t remember.

The old memory isn’t what it used to be. But I think they said they would do the oil and filter. Air filter. Pollen filter. Check and grease the sunroof mechanism and something else which I can’t remember.
Sounds about right then, them sunroofs are tricky to grease,

Some of my oil changes have been under £15 .

Good on you, though the OP was talking about a service (inc. inspection), not about an oil change.

How old is the car? Is it a 2017 model?

The B Service (which includes the pollen filter) is ~£450-500.

The air filter is ~£100.

So not sure what else did they include - did they try perhaps to sell you brakes (discs abd pads)?

On a general note, the items that need scheduled servicing are:

Service A
Service B (inc. pollen filter)
Air filter
Fuel filter
Spark plugs (petrol)
ATF and filter (automatic transmission)
Gear oil (manual transmission)
Panoramic roof lubrication (if fitted)
Engine coolant (15 years)

You can see what your car is due here:

The air filter is ~£100.

So not sure what else did they include - did they try perhaps to sell you brakes (discs abd pads)?
2016 with air suspension and no they didn’t try to sell me anything.

2016 with air suspension and no they didn’t try to sell me anything.

At 5 years, the car will need the ATF and filter changed, that can cost a pretty penny at the dealer. By the look of it they were quoting for it something in the region of ~£600-700.

So yes, the Service Care Plan is indeed good value.

The air filter is ~£100.

£100 for an air filter ?

If they are doing a 9g transmission change that is £550, so I guess it adds up.

Why is the 9g expensive to service ?

Not that much more expensive

You would be a lot better off finding a good inde who will do a better job at a much more realistic price.
£1440 for 3 years to have a trainee (technician) mess with your pride and joy.....well good luck with that then.:wallbash:

You would be a lot better off finding a good inde who will do a better job at a much more realistic price.
£1440 for 3 years to have a trainee (technician) mess with your pride and joy.....well good luck with that then.:wallbash:
So i take it you were never a trainee, we all have to start somewhere. Any garage is only as good as the people they employ !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom