Good deal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So i take it you were never a trainee, we all have to start somewhere. Any garage is only as good as the people they employ !!
Completely agree but do you pay over £200 pounds an hour for a trainee to work on your car.

Completely agree but do you pay over £200 pounds an hour for a trainee to work on your car.

I do, because the trainee is supervised by an experienced tech.

EDIT: Just saw Happytalk73's post

At 5 years, the car will need the ATF and filter changed, that can cost a pretty penny at the dealer. By the look of it they were quoting for it something in the region of ~£600-700.

So yes, the Service Care Plan is indeed good value.
Exactly !

thanks.

As long as Urban M is happy with the price £1440 that's all that matters !
Just giving my view as that is what this site is for.

As long as Urban M is happy with the price £1440 that's all that matters !
Just giving my view as that is what this site is for.
I totally agree with you but to say that is abit silly its like saying,Dave the neighbour who works for halfords isn't a trainee and doesn't charge £200 PH so ill take my pride and joy there instead
So in other words a FMBSH means nothing to you?

,Dave the neighbour who works for halfords isn't a trainee and doesn't charge £200 PH so ill take my pride and joy there instead
So in other words a FMBSH means nothing to you?
Not so much on a 5 year old car, its not an hi-performance AMG supercar, so to pay £200 an hour to change the oil and filters seems a little excessive, you can get a yearly service with an Indie for maybe half that.

Reactions: Bri
Mines a c63 AMG PPP Hence the FMBSH
Wouldn't buy 1 without 👍
Same here, if it was a C63 or RS4 or M4, but its not,
I think mine is a Vito van engine.

Update. Had the service done. It included an oil and filter change. Brake fluid
Ive just had a B service at MB main dealer including plugs brake fluid all filters etc didnt cost that🤔
Which main dealer was that then?

Personally I wouldn’t pay anybody £200+ per hour to work on my car. I would if they were doing something others couldn’t do, but that’s far from the case. MB dealerships have earned themselves a very poor name in the industry, and they are aware of that.
Again personally would I buy any Mercedes without FMBSH, I would. There are Indies out there now who rightly have earned themselves a great reputation for their hard work, diligence and investment in the best/latest diagnostic, mech tooling and equipment. As said, if your happy to pay that price, that’s great.

Update. Had the service done. It included an oil and filter change. Brake fluid

Which main dealer was that then?
This 1
20210408-192032.jpg
[/url]

Just realised I didn’t finish my updated post and then asked a question with that still there.

also included in my service was all the filters, gearbox oil, key battery, sunroof oiled and checked. Plus all the usual fluid top ups including adblue.
Macclesfield prices will never be the same as London prices.

And diesel prices wont be the same as an AMG either London or not 😁

With my jaguar the service prices are set where ever you live

You are also paying for the wages of his supervisor - trainees rarely work unsupervised.

Junior techs, yes, but not trainees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom