Good deeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have nice neighbours.

Lot to be said for good neighbours. About a year before mum died we were trying to get her to move into a smaller more manageable house but she always resisted saying her neighbours of 30 + years were so good that she felt safer living in her existing home knowing they were just a few mins away should she need them.

When she got ill they were fantastic , popping in two / three times a day with anything she needed along with freshly made meals whilst we were working , they also made sure the blinds were open every morning and closed every night and i felt a bit more at ease knowing someone was keeping an eye open for her when we couldn`t be there 24/7.

I cant thank them enough for what they did for her and as a consequence , how they helped us before she was admitted to hospital for the final time.

K

On the 6th of January, I had an important hospital appointment.
It was snowing and cold.
On arrival at the hospital, there was nowhere to park, so the only option was to park on double yellow lines in the street using my blue badge.
The blue badge always sits up behind the passenger side sun visor, but it wasn't there!
I said to Mrs Ringway, who was waiting in the car because she wasn't alowed in to the hospital scan area that I'd just have to accept the ineviable ticket when the traffic warden came by - I had already seen a car ticketed just yards away.

Whilst I was in the hospital, the traffic warden arrived and Mrs Ringway explained the situation and the warden said that he should really give us a ticket, but on this occasion would turn a blind eye.

How about that!

It turns out that the blue badge was in the car all the time.
Young Ringway Les had used the car and deployed both sun visors and decided to put the badge in the glovebox for safe keeping.

Got a bloke living in a cast off caravan on the local car wash plot,old filling station. gave him an old electric heater and some of my work clothes, im in construction and he had a start for a local builder.

Got a bloke living in a cast off caravan on the local car wash plot,old filling station. gave him an old electric heater and some of my work clothes, im in construction and he had a start for a local builder.
Nice one! It nice to be nice. :) 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom