Good driving roads north west?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Samamg

Car
E55k
As I am coming to the end of my E55k ownership I'm looking to take the car out for one last drive on some picturesque good driving roads as a farewell to the old girl, any suggestions please?

My suggestions, taken from drives I’ve done are: A57 Snake Pass, v early in the morning, is stunning for a summer drive. The Winnats Pass, only if you appreciate a monster climb/drop and an amazing view, plus of course the A6 heading north from Buxton for miles…

The road from Windermere heading towards Wast Water in The Lakes is beautiful, with the drive up to Wast Water Head a stunning finale.

Wherever you go enjoy👍

As I am coming to the end of my E55k ownership I'm looking to take the car out for one last drive on some picturesque good driving roads as a farewell to the old girl, any suggestions please?
Welcome to the forum. :thumb:

The A686 between Penrith (Cumbria) and Corbridge (Northumberland) is well regarded and has been known to make the top ten of best drives in England.

BTW and with apologies for a thread hijack - is your E55k the silver 54 plate on eBay?

+1 vote for the A686. A good lunch spot used to be the pub in Melmerby.

Welcome to the forum. :thumb:

The A686 between Penrith (Cumbria) and Corbridge (Northumberland) is well regarded and has been known to make the top ten of best drives in England.

BTW and with apologies for a thread hijack - is your E55k the silver 54 plate on eBay?
Yes, it's the one in Wallasey, I'll be sad to see her go I absolutely love the car

My suggestions, taken from drives I’ve done are: A57 Snake Pass, v early in the morning, is stunning for a summer drive. The Winnats Pass, only if you appreciate a monster climb/drop and an amazing view, plus of course the A6 heading north from Buxton for miles…

The road from Windermere heading towards Wast Water in The Lakes is beautiful, with the drive up to Wast Water Head a stunning finale.

Wherever you go enjoy👍
I'll definitely check these out, not too far from me, thanks 😊

Well I did go the lakes in the car just before covid kicked off, there were some brilliant country roads there but the sheep getting on the road was a new one for me 😂, I might press a bit further north to check it out!

Whilst there is a fair amount of 'open grazing' in Cumbria I'm not aware of any on the 686. Any sheep on the road or verge would have escaped from a nearby field. That happens a lot, mind lol

How far north do you want to go? Superb roads in Scotland, the "500" all around Torridon, Gairloch, Little Loch Broom, there are literally hundreds of good driving roads around the north west of Scotland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom