Good E55k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guyvert1

Car
E55K Estate - Will be missed
I'm finally taking the bull by the horns and have decided to let my beloved E55k (S211) go...

Booked in with Alex to fix a few last niggles and then put her party dress on for sale ..

I remember when I decided to buy an E55k, everyone told me I was crazy, but I didn't care, you know what its like :)

Thankfully the one I got was well cared for with few owners/miles and nice spec, so my experience has been good.

I know this will be like when I sold an old B5 RS4, still pining ..:doh:

Not 100% sure what I'm going to get, the wifes talking about selling her JCW Mini Conv. so we can put cash towards something like a 2012 FF RR (TDV8) , I sort of fancy a change, the E55 has a surprising level of luxury and ride so a Range Rover may be good choice.. Probably better than my weird need to try a Cayenne Turbo ...:p

I'm torn on value for my car though. Its a rare old beast, mines knocking on 76k miles. But like anything, its finding a buyer who appreciates our old beasts :bannana:

Value? Anything up to about £9K, perhaps more if it is really nice, but you might have to wait for that. It's a limited market - not many people want a big, comfortable family estate with the acceleration of a Ferrari - but those who do, may REALLY want one. You might like to contact Terry at Wayne Gates; a month ago when I sold mine, he had a buyer looking for one.

"Thankfully the one I got was well cared for with few owners/miles and nice spec, so my experience has been good."

Both of mine have had twice the mileage, and plenty of owners, but the driving experience has been very good. That engine is a gem - huge torque at low revs does it for me every time.

I put my first one on Gumtree and eBay not long before Christmas, but got only stupid offers from tossers looking for a quick profit. Bad time to sell, I know, but even so...

Good luck with the sale; I bet you'll miss it when it's gone.

I'd be wanting a bit more than 9k for a car with only 76k on it.
There was the infamous black car in Reading that also had 70+k miles on it. More than one of us bid 11k for that but none of us bought it (I believe) as the offers were turned down. I think 11 was fair as it needed a bit of fettling.
If its in nice shape with a good SH and decent spec I'd be aiming there.

Lol, webyanycar comes back a few hundred under 10k !

Also I forgot to mention , early on , I treated her to a eurocharged stage 1 (SC Pulley/Map/IC Pump/Bigger Rad) , but in all honestly rarely used to its ability.

guyvert1 said:
Lol, webyanycar comes back a few hundred under 10k ! Also I forgot to mention , early on , I treated her to a eurocharged stage 1 (SC Pulley/Map/IC Pump/Bigger Rad) , but in all honestly rarely used to its ability.
I'd be asking £11,995 ?

I've put mine up for £7,995 with 144k miles.

Last edited:
106k miles car on ebay at 11k so 12 aiming for 11.5?

Value? Anything up to about £9K, perhaps more if it is really nice, but you might have to wait for that. It's a limited market - not many people want a big, comfortable family estate with the acceleration of a Ferrari - but those who do, may REALLY want one. You might like to contact Terry at Wayne Gates; a month ago when I sold mine, he had a buyer looking for one.

"Thankfully the one I got was well cared for with few owners/miles and nice spec, so my experience has been good."

Both of mine have had twice the mileage, and plenty of owners, but the driving experience has been very good. That engine is a gem - huge torque at low revs does it for me every time.

I put my first one on Gumtree and eBay not long before Christmas, but got only stupid offers from tossers looking for a quick profit. Bad time to sell, I know, but even so...

Good luck with the sale; I bet you'll miss it when it's gone.
Did you sell it in the end ?

What is going on?
All the E55 k estates getting sold at the moment!!!!
Very odd

DavidL said:
Why are you changing again so soon?

There's a long discussion of why I'm selling on one of my threads. (No fault of the car)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom