Good evening from Australia ML300cdi temp warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
NOTE : OP has changed his profile picture to the photo of the actual lamp seen on the dashboard. Post #16
Yep, seen that, but he might want to post other pics. :) 👍

Tried a temp sensor today boys didn’t change it either so I have a feeling my engine cooling fan is not coming on at all

Sounds like a cooling fan issue to me, can you check voltage when the engine is hot to see if the car is attempting to power it and test the fan itself.

For pics, I use this Upload Image — Free Image Hosting. You can upload and then simply paste the code into the thread, then click the Preview button at the top right of your post to make sure it's how you want it to appear before committing. There are loads of ways to get images on the boards but if you attach them, you run out of storage really fast or as you've found, they are too big. Hope that is of some help anyway and best of luck resolving your issue. The members here will no doubt help you out but diagnosing at this distance will need some pics :)

Sounds like a cooling fan issue to me, can you check voltage when the engine is hot to see if the car is attempting to power it and test the fan itself.

For pics, I use this Upload Image — Free Image Hosting. You can upload and then simply paste the code into the thread, then click the Preview button at the top right of your post to make sure it's how you want it to appear before committing. There are loads of ways to get images on the boards but if you attach them, you run out of storage really fast or as you've found, they are too big. Hope that is of some help anyway and best of luck resolving your issue. The members here will no doubt help you out but diagnosing at this distance will need some pics :)
Yeh I’m starting to suspect this Also mate , sure I’ll get some pics up shortly

Hi guys got the star software plugged In today the code I’m getting is (check component M4/7 engine and ac electric suction fan with integrated control ( positioner Signal fault ) the guy who carried out the work seem to think that the fan control module maybe the suspect , as a test on the fan was carried out using star the fan works , but is slow to respond during the test , technically speaking to carry out the test you have to have above 12.5 volts , when the test was carried out it was 11.8 I’m not sure if this slight drop would cause the delayed response when carrying out the fan speed test

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom