Good experience with Halfords :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Club Veteran
Car
Not always
I had a good experience yesterday with Halfords !

Several months ago ( can't remember exactly when , but it was since I bought my C270 at the end of last year , so still less than a year ago ) I bought one of those electric tyre inflators that you plug into the cigarette lighter . The item was a Halfords own brand product , so clearly not bought elsewhere .

I had only used it two or three times , but when I went to blow up my bike tyres last weekend I found that the threads on the valve connector had stripped so that the air line wouldn't tighten down onto the valve .

The unit still looked brand new, was complete in its box with all original accessories , only I thought I might be onto a loser since I no longer had the receipt .

When I went in , I politely explained what was wrong , and asked if my no longer having the receipt was a problem . The girl on the checkout was polite and helpful , but said she'd have to ask her manager as I really ought to have had a receipt . The manager came over and immediately asked if I would just like another one - to which I replied yes please .

All sorted out in a couple of minutes with no fuss or bother .

It does turn out that they are conducting a customer satisfaction survey just now , by completing it you enter a draw to potentially win a £1000 cash prize .

The web address for anyone wishing to try their luck and give feedback ( you will need a receipt for something from Halfords as it asks for reference numbers ) is Halfords Customer Satisfaction Survey

It took me about 10 mins to fill in ( gave them a glowing report for swapping the pump ) but , oddly , I didn't win the prize :dk:

I had a series of very good experiences with Halfords, when I worked in one of the stores in the 1970s. My girlfriend at the time had a sweet Mk 2 Triumph Vitesse and I would 'special order' spare parts and components for it - and 'disappear' them when they arrived. Bad I know & I always mutter an apology when I go in there nowadays, but it was well worth it and that car saw some action..........(!)

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Would Halfords help over my problem???? Very recently I bought a new plastic container of Autoglym polish to replace one that I had finished (and really appreciated). My problem? I accidently also threw out my new, unused polish when dumping the old, empty container......................

Would Halfords help over my problem???? Very recently I bought a new plastic container of Autoglym polish to replace one that I had finished (and really appreciated). My problem? I accidently also threw out my new, unused polish when dumping the old, empty container......................

I doubt they'd help.

You need more beer :D

Yes please ... an Abbot would do nicely.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom