Good find for W124 window gap.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
Just fitted this seal in the gap from dashboard to the window glass . A lot of items can fall inside and lost for ever . This clever rubber seal fits in the gap . Ebay item number can be provided if any one is intertested . See pictures of finished job it took all of 3 mins to fit no glue it just pushes in the gap .Trim the ends to fit down post .DSC04654.JPG DSC04648.JPG DSC04649.JPG

Reactions: GLK
Have had it bookmarked on my eBay watch list for a while, great to hear you're happy with it - will buy one now, I think.

A list number would be useful please?

ToeKnee this is the number of the ebay listing 263866465579. For the price,and if it is wont fit or not what you want it for, it will come in for other jobs . I am just going to order one more .

Just bought one, thanks for the info!

Now the seal in places wont be flat on the edge, the reason is it is wraped up the best it can be . But i left mine on the dining room table over night .Dont know if it helped or not . But it will be fine as you fit it in to the gap .I used the end of round biro to locate it but if its not looking right pull it out and do it again till your happy with it.As you start trim it to fit the down post anngle .

Why has mercedes left a gap? Bad design? or is there a reason? Heat/air? Generally every part of the car has a function, will blocking this gap cause any problems,caution required mebay?

There is a bead of mastic that goes round the windscreen when it’s fitted, the bead is maybe 4 or 5 mm thick, that’s what creates the gap. The VIN seems to be in the way so the mastic goes down much lower to avoid the VIN.

Pictured is a W202, W124 is probably similar set up.

Dec

GAP.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom