Good god...... amazing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy_cyp

MB Enthusiast
Car
Thinking of what to get next
Ever since Henry Ford invented the assembly line and ushered in the era of mass production, exclusivity has become an increasingly exclusive commodity. A citizen of the United Arab Emirates beat the system by commissioning a car joint developed by Mercedes and Lotec called the C 100.

It features a lightweight carbon fiber body, twin-turbo 5.6L V8 producing a prodigious 1,000 horsepower, Hewkand 5-speed racing tranny and 4 Ram AP IMSA racing brakes. Performance figures are impressive with a run to 60 mph taking 3.2 seconds, 125 mph comes in 8.08 seconds and its top speed is 268 mph.

Attachments

• 09eBayFindOfTheDayMercedesC1000_6.jpg
    09eBayFindOfTheDayMercedesC1000_6.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 318
  • gjgfhjgf_lotec_02.jpg
    gjgfhjgf_lotec_02.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 312
  • gjgfhjgf_lotec_04.jpg
    gjgfhjgf_lotec_04.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 313
Sorry if this is a re-post but its performance figures are gob smacking for 1995

Attachments

• lotec_bJ-c1000_800x600.jpg
    lotec_bJ-c1000_800x600.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 314
  • lotec_c_1000_0_1.jpg
    lotec_c_1000_0_1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 311
The Lotec was a great little car and actually managed to look pretty, which wass rare considering the ingredients and contemporaries of the period!

Is the text quoted from a USA source?
Ever since Henry Ford invented the assembly line and ushered in the era of mass production, exclusivity has become an increasingly exclusive commodity.
If it were anywhere else it would have mentioned that Mercedes were actually there from the start of the automobile industry, not sure that Ford needed a mention there except to make the Yanks feel proud ;) .

The Lotec was a great little car and actually managed to look pretty, which wass rare considering the ingredients and contemporaries of the period!

Is the text quoted from a USA source?

If it were anywhere else it would have mentioned that Mercedes were actually there from the start of the automobile industry, not sure that Ford needed a mention there except to make the Yanks feel proud ;) .

Copied and pasted from a yankie site, hence the Henry Ford ....

To be honsest, if i saw that thing in my rear view i would most likely S..t myself.

P.S its up for sale too apparently at auction, 250k usd is starting bid plus auctioneers fee at approx 100k, No bidders/interest so far.
Whip around chaps ??? would make an amazing entry at jays next gtg.

Last edited:
How short would you have to be to fit in it! Looks way cool though :D

Does this use the engine I really hope it uses?

The M117?

Dave!

Well, it's probably best we bring up Henry's (stolen and adapted) production line rather than many of his other traits.

Nice-looking car. Historical perspectives can be good.

It does indeed use the same engine as is sat on my turnover stand :devil:

Exactly the same bore and stroke, minimal boost required for 850hp and I now have a compression ratio to work with.

Have emailed them and you never know they may sell me a pair of cams and tell me what turbos they used :D

If so andy-cyp, you have done me a great service today!

Dave!

How short would you have to be to fit in it! Looks way cool though :D

I know you are joking - but just in case anyone takes your comment seriously...........Its a squished photo. Look at the wheels - they SHOULD be round.

Copy the image to a photo program and stretch the image until the wheels ARE round. You will then see it in its correct perspective.

Does this look better ? ? ? ..........

Last edited:
I know you are joking - but just in case anyone takes your comment seriously...........Its a squished photo. Look at the wheels - they SHOULD be round.

Copy the image to a photo program and stretch the image until the wheels ARE round. You will then see it in its correct perspective.

Does this look better ? ? ? ..........
Ahh, yes I see what you've done there :)

Attachments

• sdLotec-c1000.jpg
    sdLotec-c1000.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 195
Quality....................thats been done very well...............

What program did you use to do that?

I want one of the dinky ones !!

It's like a Smart car with a warp core !! :rock:

Andy, I owe you a beer or ten!

I pick up the spare engine for that car in 2.5 weeks.

Dave!

Andy, I owe you a beer or ten!

I pick up the spare engine for that car in 2.5 weeks.

Dave!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom