Good hotels in York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
Help !!!!

Planning a weekend away with SWMBO and we are kind of settled on York as the destination.

Has anyone got any recommendations for a decent hotel ? Not interested in B&B or Travelodge type places.

I'd like somewhere with a bit of luxury without getting fleeced. I'm 44 so avoiding the rabble is good too.

A nice restaurant would be a bonus although I am open to suggestions for that too .........

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Help !!!!

Planning a weekend away with SWMBO and we are kind of settled on York as the destination.

Has anyone got any recommendations for a decent hotel ? Not interested in B&B or Travelodge type places.

I'd like somewhere with a bit of luxury without getting fleeced. I'm 44 so avoiding the rabble is good too.

A nice restaurant would be a bonus although I am open to suggestions for that too .........

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Well seeing as you are intending visiting my neck of the woods I should repay the hospitality shown to me when I went North of the border to the Strathclyde RPU visit.

I know York really well and only live about 35 miles away. It depends what you want to do when you are there, how are you travelling are you coming by car or other means? do you want to stay city centre so everythings in walking distance or do you mind a short taxi ride in and out on an evening? The best hotels and restaurants are actually just on the fringes of York. Our company also has some great deals on hotels as we put a lot of visitors in York as they like to explore its history. When I get to work tomorrow I'll PM you some suggestions and prices just let me know what you think.

On a separate note if you fancy meeting up for a drink or lunch / dinner one of the days me & SWMBO would only be too happy to pop up, would be good to see you again. Please dont feel obligated to do this just a suggestion if you want a quiet weekend no interuptions and some peaceful quality time on your own thats fine I know when we are away we appreciate time alone away together.

Will PM you some suggestions tomorrow.

Let me know what dates you are thinking of and I'll get back to you ASAP. Also might be easier by e mail so PM me ur e mail address and I'll send you some details

PM Sent

try the viking, a bit soulless, but very central and great views over the river to the Minster

Aldwark Manor Hotel...

Aldwark Manor Hotel, York | LateRooms

looks good, and has very good customer feedback.

4 stars, Restaurant with 2 AA rosettes, and good value at £89 a night (regular price £159) including breakfast on LateRooms.

If you want to be more central, Hotel Du Vin looks fairly good

Hotel du Vin York | LateRooms

but dearer at £99 per night (plus parking £10) for room only.

Both look very nice hotels but the fact they want a minimum two night stay kills it for me as I'll only be spending one night.

Thanks anyway !

Will let you have the details I promised tomorrow got half of them for you but today has just been mental at work.

No problem Ian, work comes first !!!!

Email sent with all details and a few options, just let me know if you need anything else

Thanks Ian

Got your email and will peruse the list after my dinner.

Most appreciated.

Room with Dinner/Breakfast now booked at the Parsonage Country House Hotel.

Delightful service on the telephone and bodes well for a relaxing break.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions and to especially to Ian for his most comprehensive email

:thumb:

Room with Dinner/Breakfast now booked at the Parsonage Country House Hotel.

Delightful service on the telephone and bodes well for a relaxing break.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions and to especially to Ian for his most comprehensive email

:thumb:

Parsonage is a fantastic place the staff are brilliant, rooms fantastic and the food devine and its not too far out of York. Not the cheapest but I always think you get what you pay for.

I'm sure you will have a lovely stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom