good independant in Cornwall???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wiggy

Car
w210 E36 AMG
Hi all, been away for a while with one thing and another and have now moved to Cornwall....Well my w210 E36 AMG is now gasping for a right good servicing, can anyone in the cornwall area recomend a good independant?? I am in Redruth but realise I might have a little bit of a drive ahead of me....Thanks in advance for your help....wiggy....

depends where in cornwall you are, ive used Mercare in plymouth and hes honest and dosnt charge the earth. I had a broken auxilary belt on my old w211 e320, and took it to another garage 6 weeks after he caried out a service ( closest grage to wher it broke down). The other garage new the owner and called him. He not only sent a new belt free of charge to the other garage but suggested a few possible causes of this issue to the other garage. They found that drive pulley had lost some rubber packing and was now misaligned cutting into the belt..........as he had suggested, a gentleman. I will always use him as it can be hard to find a good garage you can trust.

Hi wiggy

Try TMS Ltd in Truro. I've started a thread containing full contact details.

REGARDS Phil

Avoid...fitted the wrong plugs, buggered my MAF, gave me a list of problems that did not exist!! absolute rubbish.

Mercare in Plymouth

Used to use Mercare, until one day I turned up to leave car and pick up loan car. No loan car, and just a load of abuse from the owner...I go told to .... off!

Had liked them up till then, but won't go anywhere near the place now.

I now use Coverdale 2 in Newton Abbott, but not exactly local to Truro!

Last edited:
Used to use Mercare, until one day I turned up to leave car and pick up loan car. No loan car, and just a load of abuse from the owner...I go told to .... off!

I used to use Mercare. My front pads required replacement some 400 miles after a 'B' service report 50% wear. Consequently don't trust them anymore.
I too use Coverdale 2 in Newton Abbott and highly recommend them.

Excellent MB indie in Paignton, four X garage Kemmings close 01803 66690, used him a couple of times before we moved from Torquay. Certainly wouldn't travel so far now that we've also moved back to Cornwall.

I use East Cornwall Garage in Launceston. John looks after my cars with his brother. Always uses Mercedes parts unless otherwise agreed beforehand. He checks the servicing requirement to ensure that he gets in the correct parts to carry out the service properly. I drive an E320 cdi (Aug 03) saloon and have just got an E270 cdi (Jan 04) Estate

We've always used truro motor services. They are pritty good but... if you go into MB of truro i know they are not the nicest of people but when it came to fitting a new turbo they were £150 cheaper than TMS

They are good guys though, my dads been using them for 15 years (ever since we moved to cornwall)

I used to use Mercare. My front pads required replacement some 400 miles after a 'B' service report 50% wear. Consequently don't trust them anymore.
I too use Coverdale 2 in Newton Abbott and highly recommend them.

Sadly my experience of them (Coverdale 2) is not so good, didn't fix problems they charged for and not interested in doing so once it had been pointed out.

Can't please everyone all the time though can you.

in mercare's defense, if you drive 400 hard miles the brakes will wear out!!!

difficult customer!!

we at mercare have been trading for 16 years, and have delivered the most honest, caring customer relationship we can, we charge £45 per hour with over 30 years mercedes knowledge! anyone who knows eddie will realise he would never EVER use abusive language to any customer, our strong reputation proves this, and in some instances an uptight difficult customer CANNOT be satisfied, we DO NOT offer any means of a loan car. we are happy that mr disney is not on our ever strong customer list as he IS NOT WELCOME, and we would refuse to work on his vehicle. other garages who are approached by this man, be aware!

Adding to an old thread I know, but thought it was worth some input...

I would heartily recommend Truro Motor Services (TMS), run by Jason Purseglove.

They have never failed to disappoint in all the years my father and I have put 9 different Mercedes vehicles through his workshops on many occasions - from W201's, W124's, W203's, W220's and even Dad's Vito works van.

I was most impressed that Jason found the battery drain on my W220 S320CDI - something one other independent and 2 Mercedes franchises couldn't do. Patience and logic prevailed, and it was found to be a part they had never known to cause the problem before - but Jason found it. Very impressed! Also very reasonable with a friendly and honest service.

Perfect location too - right in Truro City Centre.

I have now fled the nest and I'm living in Oxfordshire, but still send the W220 to TMS for any work it needs, I trust them 100%, and with every problem they fix that apparently no-one else can, I have cause to trust them even more.

Oh, and no... I don't have shares!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom