Good information for all W124 owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
You will need to go through Google serch for this one in search box put this -
Index for /docs/mb/w124 -------------- lots of info worth a sticky may be a member will put the link up .

Yes Grober it was one of the first things i was told about 6 years ago .Most helpful i did find this as well it is A T S G Google to find it Auto Transmision Service Groupe the diagrams of auto gearboxes and their related parts .

Grober i am searching for the rivet nut insert that fits ,,well the rivit nuts its pressed in to the manifold flange with a special tool .So the bolt goes through the flange that holds the down pipe and it bolts silencer to the exhaust manifold .My nuts on the exhaust manifold to the head are so bad,, i will have a problem removing them .So i an going to remove both manifolds and paint them with soecial vht paint .Then replace studs and nuts .These rivit nuts with the number A0009902552 are hard to find .

Does your MB dealer not have them? Rather than press them on could they be pulled into place using a suitable bolt+ a spacer/washer substitute for the exhaust down pipe flange?

Google Translate

Last edited:
Grober it will be my last port of call .I like to see if i can find them on the web first,, but i have been searching that long now i give up. Its time now after spending all day searching for 4 of these . I will phone and see if MB will have them in stock or if they can get 4 for me . You see, i was reading about this chap that replaced his nuts and studs along with the gaskets.And he said he had to purchase a special tool to press these in to the exhaust manifold .Because he said the rivit nut insert go out of shape once the bolts are removed .I dont know i read in the manual to replace the bolts but not the nuts . Would you know about this practice? This is the tool and the rivit nuts 20190518_194850.jpg Trevor

Grober your right .The tool only seats it in to a hole ,a round one at that . Well i thought i would be able to make something to set the rivit nut in place .May be a longer bolt would help so its has a hold of all the thread in the rivit nut. Nice one . I dont know why i never thought about this .If i had the parts in my hand it would help me to come up with some idear on how to... Thanks ..

The fitting of this rivit nut, is less a problem as removing the exhaust manifolds .The bolts , and whats left of the thread sticking out are corroded .Some nuts are easy to get at others like the three studs on the back are not .I would cut of the last bit of the stud in that way it will be easy to remove them with no rust to hold them on. And others in the past have done the bolts come out of the head rather then the nut coming off the end of the stud . This job will be good or bad knowing me . I will phone to up my local dealers and order 6 rivit nuts i will order 6 in case i bugger one up.

Benz of Neacastle are posting 5 off for me. Right now i am waiting for the listing number from Michael .Price is £23.90 for 5 right to my door .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom