Good-looking W164

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
This:

Mercedes Benz ML320 Spares or Repair | eBay

If I didn't have an ML already, I'd be seriously interested in that one. The colour scheme looks very good to my eyes (other eyes are available...), and the declared faults don't sound much.

Then again, I don't know much about the W164 or its engine either. Do they ring alarm bells for anybody?

Green and mushroom is not my bag but quite classic mercedes-ish if you get my drift :)

Looks to have been cared for quite well- interior especially looks great.

Odd electrical fault with the heater motor though, wonder if it’s suffered water damage or something?

That’s had a lot of money thrown at it.

Yep looks like 2018 when that money was lavished was the last straw for the current owner.

Might make it a good buy if there’s nothing stupidly badly wrong.

The more I look at it, the more I think it might be worth a punt. I wonder how much it will bid to?

It's close to PCS (very close)

Olly may know it or be willing for one of them to visit it and provide you an opinion.......

Ad is down despite the "did you read this carefully statement" that the auction won't be ended early- someone buy it?

Odd electrical fault with the heater motor though, wonder if it’s suffered water damage or something?
I thought about it too after reading the add and did a bit of googling. Apparently the area is susceptible of flooding so it could be the cause of electrical gremlins.

It does like nice in a marmite kind of way but what it would make on there? Then when you factor in the cost of sorting out some the declared issues but the main one been how much would a chain replacement cost? Maybe good if you specifically want that age and spec but by the time you've got it up to scratch you're probably no better off buying one from a garage so at least you have some kind of fall back if it's a proper lemon.

Ad is down despite the "did you read this carefully statement" that the auction won't be ended early- someone buy it?

I usually put that on my listings for a couple of reasons. One it prevents the nutters asking how much for cash and two because I usually have it advertised elsewhere in the hope I don't have to deal with those usual nutters.

The heater fan problem will probably be the resistor pack. This is a known fault, and cheap and straightforward to fix. If the camchain rattle was just the tensioner, that would be the same; if it turned out it needed camchain replacement, that would be expensive. If that is the problem, it might well be back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom