Good Luck To Carl Froch Tonight!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Let's hope he sticks to his gameplan and spanks the Yank!

Come on Carl!!!!! :devil:

That went well :(
Froch was never destined to be a great, and I doubt Ward is either, but he's worth celebrating as someone who was a World Champion and probably made the most of his abilities......and being the second best in the world isnt exactly a damning indictment.

A pugilist. A member of the lower orders who engages in physical combat for the amusement and entertainment of the gentry.

No, he came second (PC version)

Come on guys shape up, he was a British world champion!

Last edited:
Very good but not great boxer, has a brain and gives good interviews but his lack of pace cost him last night, hopefully he'll get another go at Ward; refreshing to hear a boxer admit he lost fairly as well, unlike Khan.

I don't think he'll get the re-match that he says he wants but at least he conceded that he lost to Ward fair and square and didn't trot out a load of excuses.

Bring back Calzaghe I say!!

TBH been a bad stint for British Boxing this year, hopefully next year we'll get the US back and regain some World Titles. But lets face it we need some fresh faces, I mean looking at the following:

1) Amir Khan - Overated, not in the same league as Pacqiaou or Mayweather. He's got some work to do.
2) Carl Froch - Past his best I think, never as good as some of our previous Super Middleweights and don't think he stands a chance of a rematch.
3) David Haye - Retired, may come out of retirement to Fight Vitali. Again overated to me, more of a talker than a fighter and got shown against Wladmir.

So British Boxing needs some new talent, fighters like we had in the late 80's and 90's, Mcguigan, Benn, Eubank, Hamed, Collins, Calzaghe etc..

TBH been a bad stint for British Boxing this year, hopefully next year we'll get the US back and regain some World Titles. But lets face it we need some fresh faces, I mean looking at the following:

1) Amir Khan - Overated, not in the same league as Pacqiaou or Mayweather. He's got some work to do.
2) Carl Froch - Past his best I think, never as good as some of our previous Super Middleweights and don't think he stands a chance of a rematch.
3) David Haye - Retired, may come out of retirement to Fight Vitali. Again overated to me, more of a talker than a fighter and got shown against Wladmir.

So British Boxing needs some new talent, fighters like we had in the late 80's and 90's, Mcguigan, Benn, Eubank, Hamed, Collins, Calzaghe etc..

Sweetpea's yer man - he's a big mutha........

Calzaghe picked his opponents more carefully than most and would not have retired undefeated had he met the likes of Bernard Hopkins or Roy Jones Jr before they were almost pensionable.

But it's not all bad news - it will be interesting to see what 2012 holds for Dereck Chisora.

But it's not all bad news - it will be interesting to see what 2012 holds for Dereck Chisora.

Lets see, but I'm afraid Chisora is another one of those 2nd class rated fighters. He's better of sticking to his day job of car sales. He also needs to sort his diet out, looks like he eats too many pies!

I think Kell Brook is going to have a big 2012. George Groves as well.

You have to give Carl credit for his calibre of oppenents over the last 3 years.... I dont think there was a World Champion anywhere that has had a tougher schedule over the last 3 years....

And he didnt mind travelling, unlike calzaghe.... He's done very well considereing he didnt turn pro until he was 25... Even the yanks admit he is one game competitor.

You have to give Carl credit for his calibre of oppenents over the last 3 years.... I dont think there was a World Champion anywhere that has had a tougher schedule over the last 3 years....

And he didnt mind travelling, unlike calzaghe.... He's done very well considereing he didnt turn pro until he was 25... Even the yanks admit he is one game competitor.

Calzaghe had one amazing fight against Jeff Lacey and that was it, Carl would fight anyone you put in front of him.

It was a shame that he came up short, in the same way that Hatton did. Both great fighters with great spirit.

Yeah Hatton and Froch both came up short in similar ways... In the end it was that elite amateur pedigree that shone through for Ward, being Olympic champion and then carrying that sucess in the pro ranks makes him the real deal....

Froch should move up now to light-heavyweight and try his luck there, his old rival Jean Pascal managed it with some sucess...

He's a two time champion at Super-Middleweight and runner up in the super six tournament... Time to move up, I say.... Even Calzaghe did iirc

Yeah Hatton and Froch both came up short in similar ways... In the end it was that elite amateur pedigree that shone through for Ward, being Olympic champion and then carrying that sucess in the pro ranks makes him the real deal....

Froch should move up now to light-heavyweight and try his luck there, his old rival Jean Pascal managed it with some sucess...

He's a two time champion at Super-Middleweight and runner up in the super six tournament... Time to move up, I say.... Even Calzaghe did iirc
He's no Calzaghe in ability and ring craft and will be a powderpuff puncher at light heavy, better off being remembered in his pomp IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom