Good morning from Berkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bluebottle500

Car
500 CLK
I have just joined the forum, so thought I would introduce myself by way of my first post.

My name is John and I live in Newbury, BERKS. I have two Mercs: an '04 500 CLK, which I have owned for 14 years, mainly used by my wife, so low mileage (42,000), and a 2011 E350 CDI Estate, owned since new and now showing 121,00. I have previously owned a 1995 E280 estate and 2000 E430 estate, and have now driven the equivalent of 12 times around the world in E-calls estates! IMO they are the best all-round DDs available at any price.

I am very fortunate in having what seems like a very good indy "on my doorstep" here in Newbury in the form of Automerc - I have only moved here recently, so my experience of them is limited, but so far very positive. I previously lived in Exeter, where I used another local indy, MBS (Peter Anning), from whom I received faultless service for many years, so would highly recommend them to anyone in that part of the country.

As well as the Mercs, I own a Fiat, two Bentleys, a Jaguar and a VW Camper (my wife's toy) and have owned a variety of different and interesting cars of all ages from a 1929 R-R Phantom to a 2015 Maserati Granturismo, with a couple of Ferraris, Porsche etc. along the way. All detailed here My cars in case anyone is interested.

We also have a new Porsche on order for my wife, to replace the CLK, but I shall probably keep that anyway - it is too much of an old friend to sell!

IMG_1379-1.jpg

Welcome, lovely car collection you have ,

Hello, some lovely vehicles - the Bentley S1 i really like, and the Ducati of course! Out of interest where was the photo with the Red Arrows Gnat in the background taken? Ive not seen one for a long time, reminds me of going to airshows with my Dad in the late 1970's!

Hello, some lovely vehicles - the Bentley S1 i really like, and the Ducati of course! Out of interest where was the photo with the Red Arrows Gnat in the background taken? Ive not seen one for a long time, reminds me of going to airshows with my Dad in the late 1970's!
Thankyou, yes, I have had a lot of fun on four wheels (mainly) and two over the years. The Gnat is at Cotswold Airport, near Cirencester.

Thankyou, yes, I have had a lot of fun on four wheels (mainly) and two over the years. The Gnat is at Cotswold Airport, near Cirencester.
Ah, thank you. What a shame - ive just returned from the Cotswolds, i could have dropped by to have a look! Next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom