Good Morning from Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimmTurner

Car
E class
Hiya guys! Hope your all well!

I’m Tim from Yorkshire and I’ve had my E Class delivered today and thought I’d hop on and say hi!

there looks to be loads of features so I’m gonna spend this afternoon playing around with the settings ect but is there anything you can tell me that I might not find out by Playing around?
It’s my first Mercedes and it’s on a 17 plate.

I’ll look forward to sticking around!

Hiya guys! Hope your all well!

I’m Tim from Yorkshire and I’ve had my E Class delivered today and thought I’d hop on and say hi!

there looks to be loads of features so I’m gonna spend this afternoon playing around with the settings ect but is there anything you can tell me that I might not find out by Playing around?
It’s my first Mercedes and it’s on a 17 plate.

I’ll look forward to sticking around!
Welcome.

One feature which many people miss in the handbook as it is not easy to explain is the "hold" function.

When you have braked to a stop, give the brake pedal a further little push (think of it a bit like a double-click with a mouse) and an indicator on the dashboard will say "hold".

You can now take your foot off the pedal and the car is held (with brake lights on) until you press on the accelerator. Great for traffic lights, junctions and hills.

There is a thread on here somewhere about functions which people have found by chance,sometimes after owning their cars for years. It's a long one!

Enjoy your new car.

I’ll have to give the hold function a try!! Thanks very much! I’ll have a little look out for that thread👍

Hi Timm from another new member in Yorkshire with a 2017 E-Class. I second the comment about the hold feature - it's absolutely brilliant. I have almost forgotten what a handbrake is 🙄
Another feature I really like is the ability to close all windows and sunroof just by pressing and holding the air recirculation button. (if you repeat the press / hold it restores them all to exactly where they were).
I also like the fact that I can adjust the parking sensors so that they tell me when I am close to something rather than just in the same county as an obstacle 😊
Still getting used to my car but I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine.

That hold function is fantastic!! I’d have never have sussed that out!

Welcome , had it on my SLK , but think not on my newly purchased Mini Cooper Auto 🤔Must check though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom