Good multipurpose cleaner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haaroon

Car
Mercedes C63 AMG Premium 2016
Hi all,

Just looking for a good multi purpose cleaner.

Caught between turtlewax freshclean multipurpose cleaner and the meguiars multipurpose cleaner.

Any advice on a good one?

Many thanks,

Haaroon Munir

Autosmart G101. Dilute 10:1 for exterior and engine bay and 20:1 for interior cleaning. Buy 5L bottles on eBay from the official Autosmart store. Beware other sellers selling smaller quantities as it can be easily diluted.

So, what's the difference with the above all purpose cleaners and the own brand ones sold at supermarkets?

So, what's the difference with the above all purpose cleaners and the own brand ones sold at supermarkets?
Not much at all.

I generally tend to just use the supermarket stuff diluted appropriately. Its mainly for wheel arches and carpets though to be fair.

Surfex HD from Bilt Hamber or G101 from Autosmart.

Both very good apc’s and for the cost vs dilution ratio I wouldn’t bother with anything else.
But if you store neat Surfex in anything but the original container, (eg so you can put the diluted stuff in the spray bottle) make sure it’s suitable, otherwise it could ‘soak’ through. Don’t ask me how I know...

But if you store neat Surfex in anything but the original container, (eg so you can put the diluted stuff in the spray bottle) make sure it’s suitable, otherwise it could ‘soak’ through. Don’t ask me how I know...
Never ever had an issue with surfex, Ive used it in eBay spray bottles and use Slims dual trigger bottLes now.

What on earth did you use it in?

Even diluted at 10:1 which is strong is never an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom