Good news in a bad time!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Justice and common sense prevailed. Great news.

extremely pleased that the Gurkha's rights have been recognized, i'm almost as unhappy that it had to come to a huge legal battle.

i wonder which chin-less wonder ok'ed the refusal in the first place, i feel its likely he/she would not have the character to pass the Gurkha's training regime...

To be honest it should never have come to this shameless point.

At least the right decision was ultimately made.

K

And if any of us wntaed to go and live in Gurkha Land we would be made most welcome.

good on joanna lumley as well for sticking in there [she's not just a pretty face] but isn't it a shame that "just causes " like this need a celeb to get the publicity they need to get the public aware and on their side

Last edited:
good on joanna lumley as well for sticking in there [she's not just a pretty face] but isn't it a shame that just causes like this need a celeb to get the publicity they need to get the public aware and on their side

some pub bore info... Joanna lumley the paragon of U.K. posh was born in the kashmir, india.

some pub bore info... Joanna lumley the paragon of U.K. posh was born in the kashmir, india.
I love a good indian with a bottle of cold cobra.....mmmmmmmmm !!!

incidently has anybody tried cobra 0 its the best zero alchohol beer Ive ever tasted, perfect for those nights out when you're the nominated driver. I have to take a few chilled ones out with me , until the pubs round here start stocking it.

Last edited:
Hopefully all those Gurkas that surrendered their medals during the early stages of this embarrassing farce will get their medals back, and ALL those soldiers tghat had their appliucations refused will now get a personal apology from the Minister of Defence or better still the Prime Minister. I always say I'm proud to be British but this fiasco was repugnant and I for one had wrote a letter to the Prime Minister expressing my disgust.

The six, including a wounded Falklands War veteran, a Gulf War veteran and a Gurkha widow, represented approximately 2,000 others who were refused entry to the UK because the Government said they had failed to demonstrate "strong ties" to the UK.

In days of old when knights were bold and the Interhnet had not been invented:devil: ;)

The head of state would lead their soldiers into war. Now we have spineless wonders that convince the innocent they fight for 'right and justice' but in the meantime these self centred, self opininated, self righteous cowards line their pockets with twenty pieces of silver.

Shame on our government and shame on those that enforced this obscene ruling.

WELL DONE THE COURT OF APPEAL

John the ranter

My father - still going strong - was an officer serving in Burmah with the Gurkhas, has nothing but good things to say about them.

An interesting trait he picked up is to point with his thumb rather than any other digit, which would be seen as disrespectful.

This is a picture from the final reunion (2007, Stoke Park Golf Club) for officers who served in WWII.

001th5.jpg

Mike

Why was it the final re-uniion ?

R

Why was it the final re-uniion ?

R

Age of the participants, the attendance had been dropping steadily in the last few years, My father will be 88 in January. This was for World War veterans only.

They decided to go out in style and with very long speeches!

Mike

My father - still going strong - was an officer serving in Burmah with the Gurkhas, has nothing but good things to say about them.

An interesting trait he picked up is to point with his thumb rather than any other digit, which would be seen as disrespectful.

This is a picture from the final reunion (2007, Stoke Park Golf Club) for officers who served in WWII.

Mike

How tall is your Dad? My stepfather was a Major in the Gurkhas at the ripe old age of 21. He said it was because all the guys he replaced were taller than him. The story goes (as he told it) that the officers got shot first as they were the tallest, and all the other officers were taller than him. A shaggy dog probably !!

How tall is your Dad? My stepfather was a Major in the Gurkhas at the ripe old age of 21. He said it was because all the guys he replaced were taller than him. The story goes (as he told it) that the officers got shot first as they were the tallest, and all the other officers were taller than him. A shaggy dog probably !!

About 5' 7" at the time. Apparently dad was in the Indian Army and was "volunteered" as he puts it for the Gurkhas (1st Bat. 4th Gurkha Rifles) this was early 1942 so he would also have been 21.

I remember I was stranded on an offshore installation (fog) on my 21st birthday - I was pretty cheesed off at the time, I should count my blessings!

Mike

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom