Good News! Oxfordshire County Council say they're on top of pothole repairs...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
I agree the potholes are worse than ever. On my 25 mile commute there are at least 10 locations where a burst tyre would be likely if I was unaware of the location of the pothole. Driving at night on unfamiliar roads is hazardous.

I am currently driving to Farmoor every day and the A420 between Swindon and there is dreadful.

Total crock of sh*t.

There's a set of potholes on my commute you could lose a C-class down. During the daytime you can spot them ok, but every night since the snow thawed I'm passing 2-3 cars pulled over with heavy wheel/suspension damage.

Even where they have supposedly "repaired", the road surface is so bad I'm now considering selling the E-class and just running my Landcruiser for commuting duties.

Oldham council just announced they have a new machine that force fills potholes - They need to start using it pretty quick because roads round here are inferior to some goat tracks i have seen abroad . Rochdale area is dire

Yep......Oxfordshire roads have deteriorated dramatically over the past two or three years. They are potentially dangerous and will be doing untold damage to vehicles of all types......we are all paying a very high price for such wilful neglect.

Mic

It's getting difficult to know where the speed bumps end and the potholes begin :D

I drove from Northampton to Swindon at the weekend and as mentioned by others, the potholes on the A420 were dreadful. What really worried me was the state of the A43 near Silverstone. The potholes were seriously dangerous on such a fast and busy road.

If you see the pot holes then report them. Local councils usually take swift action, because of their liabiliity if there's an incident and they were aware of the issue. If they're not aware then there's not much try can do.

I often report potholes. Some - the very, very, worst - get attended to. As for the rest, I have an email inbox with a number of "we've inspected the reported defect and it isn't bad enough to warrant remedial work" responses. In the following 2 - 4 weeks they deteriorate to the point where they are unquestionably dangerous and I report them again. They're then generally fixed. This is lunacy.

I was astounded to see DMBC repair a pothole at 7pm on Christmas Eve. Mind you it was more like a mine shaft and had been there for a few days....

I tend to find the worst pot holes are on major bus routes. Perhaps the council should bill the bus companies for the damage these heavy vehicles inflict on our roads and the bus company pass these costs on directly to its customers for the true cost of their travel.

Glasgows roads are not great but the worst ones are the major routes that buses use.

I tend to find the worst pot holes are on major bus routes. Perhaps the council should bill the bus companies for the damage these heavy vehicles inflict on our roads and the bus company pass these costs on directly to its customers for the true cost of their travel.

Glasgows roads are not great but the worst ones are the major routes that buses use.
Same down here.The bus lanes I use in Oxford are in dreadful condition. I blame the buses.

So those craters I have to dodge every day on Oxfordshire's roads aren't potholes. My mistake :doh:

I drive on the A420 regularly and that's pretty bad as a few have mentioned. Hit an awful pothole accelerating away from a roundabout on Oxford ring-road by Abingdon road. That's a real nasty one. I could go on.

In the same article:

OxfordMail; said:
OXFORDSHIRE County Council has said it is on top of pothole repairs

and

OxfordMail; said:
There are so many pothole reports coming through now it is all we can do to keep up.

:fail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom