Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I did click the link and it still looks like a cheap after market screen glued to the dash.

I did click the link and it still looks like a cheap after market screen glued to the dash.

How is it any different than the even cheaper looking Audi ones? apart from they are motorised.

No difference, they all look as bad as each other. Having said that, at least the Audi ones fold away.

Pretty likely that is a test mule interior for the W213 E-Class from what I have read.

Bugger, bugger, bugger. Since the W205 was announced I've been telling myself that I don't need to spend money changing cars because that iPad dash looks horrendous. Now they go and put it right!!! I'll have to come up with another excuse (apart from the new baby due in May that'll consume money even faster than Mercedes depreciation!)

(Had to chuckle at this from the Autocar article:
The biggest exterior change will be a completely revised dashboard
The dashboard mounted outside the car?

Bugger, bugger, bugger. Since the W205 was announced I've been telling myself that I don't need to spend money changing cars because that iPad dash looks horrendous. Now they go and put it right!!! I'll have to come up with another excuse (apart from the new baby due in May that'll consume money even faster than Mercedes depreciation!)

(Had to chuckle at this from the Autocar article:

The dashboard mounted outside the car?

No need to worry. W204 has got its own class and style. I think its the last C-Class to follow the traditional MB styling moto of the '70s till late '90s era

No need to worry. W204 has got its own class and style. I think its the last C-Class to follow the traditional MB styling moto of the '70s till late '90s era

Which is exactly what people said 7 years ago when the W204 came out, and 7 years before that when the W204 came out and so on...

Interior of a prefacelift W204 is plain nasty IMO.

Last edited:
Interior of a preface W204 is plain nasty IMO.

When I first saw a W204 I thought the same - preferring my then W203.

It took a few years but it grew on me.

The dash plastics look better treated with a good matt polish…

Which is exactly what people said 7 years ago when the W204 came out, and 7 years before that when the W204 came out and so on...

Interior of a prefacelift W204 is plain nasty IMO.

I can.understand your point but the W203 was not exactly a 'traditional' MB. What with the round headlights, curved window line etc.. The W204 has lots of traditional MB designing to offer clearly. That's why I say that W204 may be (I think it is) the last traditional MB.

I can understand your point about the pre-facelift interior plastic. IMHO, the.plastic trim is of so good quality and finish and its also matt, hence it does make-up for having less wood in a sense. I personally love the idea of not continuing the wood all the way until the vents - its something different and shows a touch of subtle quality.

All in all, we have our.own likes and dislikes, totally appreciated.

They need to, the 'stuck on tablet' is a total design failure.

I think MB have forgotten the real purpose and meaning of 'facelift'. For them it maybe means a lot more than just moderate changes...

Beetnik said:
They need to, the 'stuck on tablet' is a total design failure.

I completely agree. One reason I opted for the c 204 coupe is I hate the cheap after market looking stick on screen on the w205.
The s class type screen is definitely a good call. I hope it's as good as the new audi tt or q7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom