Good PCP deal on C Class 250CDI Sport Plus Estate Auto?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Riverblue

Car
Mercedes Benz C250 CDI Sport Plus Estate
Hello all,

Here goes my first post....

I'm hoping for some guidance. I've been scouting around for the best PCP deal on a new 13 plate C250CDI Sport Plus Estate - Auto.

The best offer to date is £360 month over 48 months with £3k deposit. This includes the Mercedes Service Care Package, which is particularly appealing. This is at 10k miles / annum. No options other than auto box (solid black colour).

I'm being bought out of my company car at end of March - and this seemed a pretty good deal, esp with the servicing included.

Any thoughts / feedback gratefully received!

Rich

Check out www.contracthireandleasing.com for a good contract hire comparison website.

Also check out www.fleetprices.co.uk which is where I got my C63 from (delivered last week).

You should be able to find a deal with a lower deposit e.g. 3+47 rather than 9+47 which looks like you have been quoted.

Just make sure that you tick 'personal' to ensure that the quotes include VAT.

For reference this is the pcp deal I've managed to get.

C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus Coupe Auto

Options:
Tenorite Grey Metallic
Harman Kardon Sound
Media Interface
Interior Lighting Package
AMG Handling Pack
18" AMG Alloys in Black
Privacy Glass

List Price: £39,325

Discounted Price: £31,712

My deposit: £1,500

APR: 4.8%

Monthly payments for 24 months: £447.28

GMFV: £21,650

HP on a base car would have been £1100 initial payment then £390/month.
Options always add quite a bit though.

Enjoy the car :)
When will it be delivered?

I have just leased a CLS (not C Class) 250CDI with AMG sport pack, Command, Heated seats, Ambient lighting and reverse camera for 6 + 23 x 399 + Vat. The car lists at 51.7k.

HP on a base car would have been £1100 initial payment then £390/month.
Options always add quite a bit though.

Enjoy the car :)
When will it be delivered?

If that question was aimed at me then Late april. I could have got it on pch for 410 inc vat a month on a 3+23 but wanted the additional flexibility of pcp which the OP might be looking at too.

I have just leased a CLS (not C Class) 250CDI with AMG sport pack, Command, Heated seats, Ambient lighting and reverse camera for 6 + 23 x 399 + Vat. The car lists at 51.7k.

CLS is a lovely car enjoy!

I can remember sitting in the back of a rather dilapidated BA 747 at Heathrow some years back with very nice the lady next to me effusing about what a great deal she got on her ticket to visit her daughter in Toronto.

I declined to tell her what we paid for our tickets when she asked. It would have just upset her. Especially as ours included the connecting flights down from Edinburgh.

Now bearing that dull little anecdote in mind I think you can safely assume that fate will ensure that somebody out there could post that they got a CLS350 for not much more on a 6+23 and that if they posted then somebody else could post that that they had managed a CLS63 on some mad monthly which was not much more.

It's a mad mad world out there right now. A couple of years back a neighbour came in having visited a dealer excited about £499 monthly he'd just been offered on a C220 Estate.

:devil:

I can remember sitting in the back of a rather dilapidated BA 747 at Heathrow some years back with very nice the lady next to me effusing about what a great deal she got on her ticket to visit her daughter in Toronto.

I declined to tell her what we paid for our tickets when she asked. It would have just upset her. Especially as ours included the connecting flights down from Edinburgh.

Now bearing that dull little anecdote in mind I think you can safely assume that fate will ensure that somebody out there could post that they got a CLS350 for not much more on a 6+23 and that if they posted then somebody else could post that that they had managed a CLS63 on some mad monthly which was not much more.

It's a mad mad world out there right now. A couple of years back a neighbour came in having visited a dealer excited about £499 monthly he'd just been offered on a C220 Estate.

:devil:

I think you are right in terms of the lady on the plane. It always amazes me the prices other people think are good value. But in the context of this forum surely keeping everyone up to speed on what is available out there is a good thing? I just wish the CLS post had included the source.

But in the context of this forum surely keeping everyone up to speed on what is available out there is a good thing?

I'm not a particularly nice person but I'm not entirely happy about posting these things *after* somebody has signed away their hard earned on a deal.

It's inviting unhappiness. And a malicious poster could deliberately invent a deal to spoil somebody's day.

So if somebody posts 'I've been offered this great deal' I think it's worth posting examples because they can still act on the information . If somebody posts 'I've just gone for this great deal' then I'm not inclined to post if I think it could cause some unhappiness.

Apologies if my post came across as 'I know of a better deal than you' It wasn't intended that way. It was more to illustrate how much options costs to add on - should others wish to follow. Anyway, damage is done, I'll step aside from this thread now.

Apologies if my post came across as 'I know of a better deal than you' It wasn't intended that way. It was more to illustrate how much options costs to add on - should others wish to follow. Anyway, damage is done, I'll step aside from this thread now.

My apologies also.

I wasn't trying to point fingers at anybody - more just pointing out the general situation. I didn't think anybody was trying to make the wrong sort of point.

It wasn't taken that way so don't worry I could have got the car with those options for only £19 a month more than the base you quoted on pch. In addition I could have got it for a hell of a lot less per month on base, probably close to 340 a month inc vat. I was well aware of this prior to agreeing my deal but frankly the options were things I wanted and willing to pay extra for. In addition I wanted the flexibility of pcp as there is no trading in early under pch if my circumstances change (they aren't likely to but I want the option).

My apologies, was not trying to bragg about a deal merely inform of what is available, as you quite rightly say there will be better deals available. Mine was not not the best deal, I missed out on one that just had command but was significantly cheaper!
Ill keep stomp next time :)

Mine was not not the best deal, I missed out on one that just had command but was significantly cheaper!
Ill keep stomp next time

I think you just have to put on the blinkers and earplugs once you sign.

There's always going to be a better deal that you just missed, couldn't find, or didn't hear about until afterwards. Whether it be a lower price, better options package, more miles, or whatever.

I'm always surprised by how few people do their homework on such an important purchase. So plenty don't even know ehether they're getting a good deal or not. Maybe they don't care. Surprising number of customers don't test drive either.

Last edited:
I think you are right in terms of the lady on the plane. It always amazes me the prices other people think are good value. But in the context of this forum surely keeping everyone up to speed on what is available out there is a good thing? I just wish the CLS post had included the source.

Central (UK) Vehicle Leasing (not be confused with the other central leasing) Tel 01952 222552 ask for Scott. They had access to about 3 when I ordered last week but said that they normally get more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom