Good places to eat - North Pennines ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C63
Hi

I’m looking at ideas for a places which would make good destinations for a group drive out in the North Pennines , possibly Alston area. I don’t know that part of the world but there are supposed to be some good driving roads so will be checking them out once the weather picks up. Ideal location would be a pub with decent car park which can accommodate largish groups (20 or so) for a meal. Not looking for fine dining just good honest pub food that didn’t come out of a freezer and pass through a microwave on its way to the table ;)

Thanks

Andy :)

The Hartside top cafe used to be ace, but I heard it had a fire last year, not sure if it reopened yet?

The Hartside top cafe used to be ace, but I heard it had a fire last year, not sure if it reopened yet?

I’ve a mate who’s a biker who rides out that area sent me a picture of a burnt out cafe, don’t think it’s reopened as yet. :(

I’ve a mate who’s a biker who rides out that area sent me a picture of a burnt out cafe, don’t think it’s reopened as yet. :(
That’s a shame Andy, sorry that was my lot...:(

At risk of sound like Victor Meldrew , “I can’t believe it” that someone on here can’t suggest a decent place to eat in the North Pennines :wallbash:

Last i heard its for sale, as far as condition its a burned out shell of a building, sad very sad.

Hi

I’m looking at ideas for a places which would make good destinations for a group drive out in the North Pennines , possibly Alston area. I don’t know that part of the world but there are supposed to be some good driving roads so will be checking them out once the weather picks up. Ideal location would be a pub with decent car park which can accommodate largish groups (20 or so) for a meal. Not looking for fine dining just good honest pub food that didn’t come out of a freezer and pass through a microwave on its way to the table ;)

Thanks

Andy :)

I have no ideas as to the Car Parking Capacities or cuisine offered, but there appears to be plenty of Pubs Listed here:

Pubs in the North Pennines

Andy I've just messaged a friend that lives over there, says have a look at :
Nent Hall Country House Hotel, Nenthall, Alston CA9 3LQ

He was there last night says nice staff and good car park.

I know I mentioned this to you previously Andy, but I forgot to post it here.
We could also take a look around High Force Waterfall. Plenty of parking at the Waterfall attraction and the hotel is joined onto it which has its own car park if needed.

High Force Hotel | Traditional Country Inn | Forest-in-Teesdale, Co. Durham

The Hotel mentioned in the post above is only 17 miles up the road so that could also be checked out on the recce.

Andy I've just messaged a friend that lives over there, says have a look at :
Nent Hall Country House Hotel, Nenthall, Alston CA9 3LQ

He was there last night says nice staff and good car park.

Hi

Thanks for that suggestion, I won’t be able to get up for a few weeks but will definitely call in and check out the food and car parking.

I’m working on a meeting for later in the year starting at Locomotion in Shildon ;)

Know any places to eat?

I don't even know where the Pennines are :oops:

Know any places to eat?

I don't even know where the Pennines are :oops:

Sarah, That’s easily sorted , just come along when we organise a meeting at Shildon and we go for a drive out in the North Pennines hopefully for a meal ;)

I know I mentioned this to you previously Andy, but I forgot to post it here.
We could also take a look around High Force Waterfall. Plenty of parking at the Waterfall attraction and the hotel is joined onto it which has its own car park if needed.

High Force Hotel | Traditional Country Inn | Forest-in-Teesdale, Co. Durham

The Hotel mentioned in the post above is only 17 miles up the road so that could also be checked out on the recce.

Ritchy.

Sounds like we’ve a couple of places to check out when we do a route recce :D

You know where I live.
Anyone else want to come, the recce could be like a mini meet. Then we could make a GTG with the chosen route of the mini meet, then ..............................................

Sarah, That’s easily sorted , just come along when we organise a meeting at Shildon and we go for a drive out in the North Pennines hopefully for a meal ;)

Date dependent, i'll be there, any excuse for a weekend away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom