Good price for a W211 AMG Estate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^ why would it not run well on gas?

The gas kits have come on a long way since the early days and many many 'standard' V8 cars have gas. I would see no reason if the seller has the certificate of install and system checked that it would not run well?

With LPG on a run it must be doing 30mpg on a run? even allowing for faster burn rate etc?

My old boss had a E55 estate and if your used to that power, as much as I like my D6 S211 Cdi (the older, slower, unrefined model) :) its no contest.... The AMG car is a different beast.

on a 10K E55 I doubt having no command makes much difference now rather condition, history especially as the actual traffic part most people still think TomTom better.

If you can afford the running cost its seems a cheap way to own a very quick estate car :)

I share the same thought about it might not run right on LPG.

Unsubstantiated yes, as I don't know the science, and I don't doubt it can be fine if done right.

However, I bought this car 'as nature (aka Mercedes) intended' and would rather it remain that way.

The day the fuel economy gets on my **** will be the day I change for a more economical motor.

^ why would it not run well on gas?

The gas kits have come on a long way since the early days and many many 'standard' V8 cars have gas. I would see no reason if the seller has the certificate of install and system checked that it would not run well?

With LPG on a run it must be doing 30mpg on a run? even allowing for faster burn rate etc?

My old boss had a E55 estate and if your used to that power, as much as I like my D6 S211 Cdi (the older, slower, unrefined model) :) its no contest.... The AMG car is a different beast.

on a 10K E55 I doubt having no command makes much difference now rather condition, history especially as the actual traffic part most people still think TomTom better.

If you can afford the running cost its seems a cheap way to own a very quick estate car :)

I know the JLR Supercharged engines can be quite problematic setting up for gas and thought the supercharged MB ones might suffer the same, although I've never heard of a 55K engine being converted before.

Begining to wonder If I should bother making the trip up to see this car. I asked them to send the full size pictures for me which they did and I have already spotted problems on the below pictures.

No valve cap (not a big deal), skuffed and also running Avon tyres which is a no no as the side walls are not strong enough.

DSC01545.jpg

LPG filler cap missing.

DSC01537.jpg

One of the Electric seat buttions are missing.

DSC01538.jpg

I know these are small things to be honest but with a 70k car you would not expect it and the listing to detail the faults. I am annal about my cars and would not be able to sleep until these issues are sorted.

What's that black box at the side of the gear stick?

Cheap tyres, missing buttons and missing caps; what else will you find wrong with it?

It doesn't sound promising to me, looking at those pictures.

But it's not a £70k car anymore. It's a £10k car and amazing value if you ask me.

If you really are looking for one of these cars it's got to be worth the trip to see it. Remembering the price it may only take relatively few £ to get it just as you want it.

I believe you will have to pay a lot more for the 'perfect' car

But it's not a £70k car anymore. It's a £10k car and amazing value if you ask me.

If you really are looking for one of these cars it's got to be worth the trip to see it. Remembering the price it may only take relatively few £ to get it just as you want it.

I believe you will have to pay a lot more for the 'perfect' car

I agree but honesty in the Ad is Key. Also when it becomes a 10k car like you said people starting skimping on maintenance.

I'd skip that one, there are others.

Been playing with this picture and does not look right also.

DSC01535.jpg

The black box to the right of the gearlever will be the LPG guage/controller. I don't see any reason why this car wouldn't run right on gas. On a modern system, you will lose less than 15% MPG over petrol and even on a V6 like my car, the system is rated for over 300BHP. You can get bigger injectors to cope with more power, for example the guy who converted my car runs a 400BHP Imprezza on gas. The only maintenance required is a £35 filter change every 15K miles.

I never get why dealers don't but little things like a button for electric seats, cost around £2 and makes all the difference.

I don't think the LPG cap is missing I just think it is black.

The fact it has not got comand is a bonus to me, it would have been the old one and is very dated, far easier to upgrade this car to the new comand as it is.

Are you thinking the side has been sprayed??

I would bet my bottom dollar thats a Cat D car - doesn't look right at all - it's had paint and the wheel looks like an egg.

If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. The only other 2004 E55 estate on Autotrader is £15,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom