good samaritan gets stabbed and shot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EVL

Car
CLS 320cdi
One of my other cars is a Mitsubishi Evolution and I'm a member of lancerregister (www.lancerregister.com).
I thought I'd copy and paste something a forum member wrote. I personally think that the guy, at the very least, deserves a medal. If people were more willing to get involved rather than sit back, the world would be a much better place. I havn't copied his picture across, but is on the original post if anyone wants to have a look:-

"I got shot and stabbed on saturday :(
Well as the title states.... am stuck in bed all day so thought id share my story

I went out to a pub not too far from me, parked my evo at my friends house. me my friend and his partner walked from his house, through the park and into the pub. about half 11 we leave, my mate and his girlfreind decided to stay at her house, so i decided to walk back through the park to my car so i could drive home.

I had a couple of beers and felt a little merry, as im walking through i see a woman walking passed me about 35m parralel to my path. next thing i can hear her screaming, i turned around and saw a guy in a hood grabbing her by the neck attempting rape. without thinking i ran quickly and quietly up behind this guy who still had his arms around her, i came from behind him and swang my fist into the side of his face. he hit the floor instantly.

ive then immediately turned around behind me and there is another guy standing right the with a huge machete, he swings for my face and i move back, the blade caught my chest and literally sliced me open. i felt nothing, just a sharp cold wet feeling accross my chest.

The woman started screaming even more so i turned back around and i see the guy i knocked out still lying on the floor, only hes pointing a gun up at me. instinctively ive tried to run past him on the floor, as ive taken the first step ive heared a loud bang. it felt like something small had tapped my stomach. i held my stomach and it was pouring out blood. i dropped to the floor and do not remember anything until i woke up mid surgery in hospital at which point i opened my eyes and saw about 8 doctors looking over me with things plugged in me everywhere. i genuinely thought i was going to die. they gave me more anasthetic and gas to keep me relaxed while they stitched up the wounds.

The bullet was an extremley clean shot and went straight in the front and straight out the back of me, it missed vital organs by millimetres and i "could not have been luckier" if anything the knife wound was more close to fatal as it was near my throat and there would have been no chance.

they asked me for a contact number for my mother, i gave it to them and told them they were not to phone her unless i died. i did not want her worrying in the middle of the night. she doesnt agrree with it now and wishes i had phoned, anyway...

The woman i saved stayed with me all night in the hospital, in the morning her husband and 2 daughters aged 4 and 5 came to visit. the husband was soo greatful and appreciative for what i did. seeing the children hold their mums hands and saying thankyou to me, the feeling was incredible! ive never experienced a feeling like that, i havent cried in over 10 years but when i saw the kids i think a tear may have slipped out from pure happiness. i felt no pain at that point. the woman kindly jumped in a cab and got in me evo and drove it back to the hospital because i kept asking someone to get my car. i told her to let it warm up, dont drive fast, be careful, dont slip the new clutch etc etc she said it was very comfortable but didnt know what the bright green metal was inside the car and didnt know whether to get in or not, i said its a roll cage incase i flip it

The hospital said not to drive but i honestly felt ok and the medication i was on was nothing more than what i already take daily, so i left on sunday afternoon and climbed over the roll cage into my evo, so happy. i followed the family to a local shopping centre where they bought me new trainers, new jeans and a new t shirt.

2 days later and im at home in bed and the anasthetic is wearing thin and the pain is only getting worse.

The main thing is im still alive to tell this stroy and i feel i have saved not only a woman, but a mother and a wife to a very nice family.

heres a pic i took today, wasnt supposed to take the dressing off but it wouldnt stop itching so decided to change it for some new sterile dressing with different adhesive."

He should feel very proud of what he did,but he`s lucky though

I've read up to page 5 on the thread of that Evo forum and then it wouldn't load anymore.

I hate to say it, I honestly do, but there is something seriously fishy about this story, besides the fact that he was 'slightly tipsy (drunk) on his way to 'drive home'.:rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me being suspicious....:ban:

Edit: I've read the full thread and I'm even more suspicious now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read the original Evo thread but it seems odd that a rapist would have a mate along and they'd both be that heavily armed. Could all be true but seems strange.
Hope the guy makes a speedy recovery.

Just checked the last posts on the site. The administrator posted a link to the met website ( post # 200 ) - no mention of attacks in that area for this month . On the other hand , maybe the majority of the Met press office have resigned ? Also suspicious that he was about to drive home whilst tipsy .

Last edited:
There is always the possibility that he isn't telling the truth. However, I'm going with "innocent until proven guilty". Plus I'd like to thing that if it did happen, there are still human beings left out there who are willing to commit selfless acts.
With regard to the comment about why the rapist would have a partner - I have no idea. Maybe it was a kidnapping/robbery attempt and the guy just assumed it was a rape attempt?
Plus there are plenty of crimes that don't get media coverage.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm................

Only two days in hospital after having his chest sliced open and a bullet in the stomach? I spent that long in hospital having two tiny keyhole surgery incisions in my shoulder.

No mention of any police involvement either. I'd have thought they might have shown a passing interest.

Last edited:
if it is true the fact the bullet didn't hit anything vital and was a clean in and out is a miracle, when you aim for the centre mass you tend to hit something important.

i'm not convinced by it, nice story though.

There is always the possibility that he isn't telling the truth. However, I'm going with "innocent until proven guilty". Plus I'd like to thing that if it did happen, there are still human beings left out there who are willing to commit selfless acts.
I think there is a lot more than meets the eye to this story, I just can't put my finger on it why. The sequence of events just doesn't ring true and I think he is now rather embarrassed about the attention that he's receiving, because of his guilt.

Either way, it's a good story and I can see that you've posted the story with the best of intentions. :thumb:

Bit of editing going on in the original thread as well - one or two neg comments are quoted/referred to but have been deleted.

I'm with the suspicious clan - the story doesn't hang together for me. Also absolutely NOTHING on the newswires.

Got to agree with the above sounds fishy. Also I would think most Evo owners would be precious about their cars. If it was parked up safely at a friends house would you just give the keys to someone who barely know and who is not insured and ask them to drive it to the hospital.

Last edited:
Got to agree with the above. Also I would think most Evo owners would be precious about their cars. If it was parked up safely at a friends house would you just give the keys to someone who barely know and who is not insured and ask them to drive it to the hospital.

I know I wouldn't give anyone my car keys, especially to a person who had just been nearly raped and witnessed a stabbing and shooting.... :rolleyes:

I'm in the 'good story, don't believe a word' camp.

Here's a picture of the hero, taken from the Evo forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liver, kidneys, colon all missed by a bullet that " went straight in the front and straight out the back of me" ?????

Liver, kidneys, colon all missed by a bullet that " went straight in the front and straight out the back of me" ?????

He doesn't mention his wide, gaping exit wound, that he would surely have unless he was shot with a pellet gun of course :D

Also, the 'machete wound'...looks sort of, drawn on. Apparently he says; "there is another guy standing right the with a huge machete, he swings for my face and i move back, the blade caught my chest and literally sliced me open" hmm, so he 'catches' his chest with the blade eh...hmmm, that's a long drawn out wound for a 'swipe'. :eek:

Perhaps the tale is based on something that might have happened, perhaps he fell off a ladder whilst cleaning out the gutters, you know, something mundane like that :D...there are so many inconsistencies and embellishments in his tale, I reckon Dan Brown would baulk at that for a storyline. :devil:

Does anyone else feel hungry when they look at that picture of him?

I find it hard to believe this story as I am sure that this story would have hit the headlines if true.

I think that I am right in saying that any injury caused by a gunshot would have been reported to the police by the hospital.

The story has got the makings of a violent video game next to Grand Auto Theft.

Does anyone else feel hungry when they look at that picture of him?

!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom