Good Service From MB Dealership!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robbo

Car
C320 (W203) & A170 (W169)
I know it may be a bit of a surprise, but I thought it would be nice to report some good news about an MB Dealership that has actually provided some good service!

I have had my C320 for a couple of months now. We bought it from MB Epsom and there were a number of issues with them which I have posted about before :-

MB epsom ordered a spare key for us as one set was lost. 6 weeks later we are still waiting for the blade to arrive. Apparently they have lost it.

MB epsom did a service when we bought the car and unfortunately they overfilled it with oil causing a warning light to come on on our first long trip. We took it to the nearest MB garage (MB Stratford) and they took out some oil. Unfortunately, they too out too much so that half a mile down the road the low oil warning came on. I ended up going to the nearest halfords and buying some mobil 1 and topping it up myself.

The drivers electric window is playing up and so I took it back to MB epsom for repair. They replaced the window motor and regulator and gave the car a good clean as well. Unfortunately when I picked it up I noticed that a small area of paintwork had been damaged on the rear bumper in a circular pattern – probably by some kind of electric buffing tool.

Last week the drivers electric window broke again while we were on holiday. MB epsom obviously had not fixed the problem. A call to mobilo life brought a technician from MB sheffield to get the window wound up so that we could drive home. When he took the door card off both he and I were totally shocked to find that the foam sound absorption layer that is attached to the door had been ripped to pieces to get at the window motor etc. instead of being carefully peeled off. It is now in about 5 pieces just hanging off the door and has not been reattached properly. In addition some of the door card plastic lugs uses to attach to the door had been snapped off so that it wont go back on snugly. I complained to MB epsom and they said thay are going to ‘look into it.

I decided to take the car into Greenoaks Bracknell(my local dealer) instead of MB Epsom to fix the window as I had given up on them ever doing a good job. I was a bit worried as I have not heard that many positive things about Greenoaks from this forum, but I decided to give them a chance. The car went in and they diagnosed a problem with the door control module. They reset it and gave the car back, and said that if the problem happened again, a new module would be required.

All was well for a few days until the same problem re-occured and the window stopped working. I duly booked it back in for later on in the week. When it went back in, I fould that they had already pre-ordered a door control module in from Germany so the car would be ready the same day. hmm not bad I thought.

I also mentioned that the door card had become a bit grubby due to all of the fiddling around that had been done over the past few weeks, and asked them if they could give it a good clean. I picked the car up and sure enough the door card had been cleaned and all has been well since.

Last week, out of the blue, I got a letter from Greenoaks to say that the new door card and door membrane that was ordered as a result of my last visit had arrived and was ready for fitting:cool: I was really was not expecting this, but they had obviously decided that the mess that MB epsom made of the back of the door card and the membrane was not acceptable. Full marks Greenoaks. To top it all I got a phone call last week from them asking if the service they provided has been satisfactory and whether I had any feedback. Blimey, I thought!

Anyway, the car goes in on Tuesday to have the parts fitted and hopefully this will be the end of the issue, and I can continue to get good service from Greenoaks in the future.

Cheers, Robbo

Last edited:
Top marks to Greenoaks,Nice to hear a good story about a dealer now and again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom