Good service from Tesco Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldguy57

MB Enthusiast
Car
Now various and sundry
Bh had an accident last Wednesday on a business trip to Birmingham - lost all power suddenly on entering service area causing steering and brakes to fail on her Meriva. Only stopped by bushes on the grassed area. Car was recovered to their repairer near home . Inspection done Friday and confirmed as a write off. Only a cheap car and Tesco confirmed settlement figure Monday (a good one!) and money in her account first thing today Tuesday. I thought an exceptional service.

That's reassuring as I'm less than 48 hours into my new policy with them. :rock:

Hopefully your bh unhurt and not too traumatised by the accident?

Good service by the insurers none-the-less!

Hopefully your bh unhurt and not too traumatised by the accident?

Good service by the insurers none-the-less!

Yes thankfully unhurt as were her 2 passengers but a touch shocked. Not really helped by the fact that the subcontractors chosen by RAC to recover the car from the M6 services took 5 hours to turn up with a low loader. Not Tesco's fault though.

Bh had an accident last Wednesday on a business trip to Birmingham - lost all power suddenly on entering service area causing steering and brakes to fail on her Meriva. Only stopped by bushes on the grassed area. Car was recovered to their repairer near home . Inspection done Friday and confirmed as a write off. Only a cheap car and Tesco confirmed settlement figure Monday (a good one!) and money in her account first thing today Tuesday. I thought an exceptional service.

I am currently involved in a situation that Tesco is the third party's insurer. I cannot comment at present on the incident but I will do once its settled in court. It wont be too complimentary.

I am currently involved in a situation that Tesco is the third party's insurer. I cannot comment at present on the incident but I will do once its settled in court. It wont be too complimentary.

Yep there can be a world of difference between dealing with a company as their Insured as opposed to a third party. Was in the insurance game for 30 years - I know what goes on!

But the most important question is, why the heck would you have a Vauxhall, hateful waist of metal, lol.

Vauxhall make very good cars.

I had a claim on my Tesco insurance a few years ago and it was our fault. We reported it and they arranged for our car and the third parties car to be repaired withing a few days. Excellent service at the time.

Tesco insurance supplier changed hands as to who owns it behind the scenes in 2015 when its supplier Insure the box was sold to ANDIE (Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Europe) along with its sister company Drive Like a Girl.

At one stage in time it was an Aviva white box reseller.

Always worth taking into consideration when hearing of other peoples experiences and when they were as it may have been a completely different provider at that point.

Always good to hear of good service though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom