Good source for Michelin Pilot SuperSports?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S65, CLK5.6TT (WIP) & RRS 5.0 SC
I'm after a set of Michelin PSS. Prices online vary with cheapest so far being TyreLeader @ £785. Anyone know of any better source to buy these from? Looking for 245/40 and 275/35, both 19".

Thanks.

I'm after a set of Michelin PSS. Prices online vary with cheapest so far being TyreLeader @ £785. Anyone know of any better source to buy these from? Looking for 245/40 and 275/35, both 19".

Thanks.

Was that fitted ?

Give Paul or Stuart a ring at Martins Tyres 012760 856846 Junction 3 on the M3 Used them for many years. A few of the lads on the forum has used him.

Say Peter O'Neill with the S-Class & The CL

Thanks guys.

F1 are checking if they can beat the TyreLeader quote as they were a bit off.

Martins are nearly the same as F1 but won't deliver so not very economical either.

Still looking but may just go with TyreLeader before the end of today as the stock levels are low for rears!

Anymore suggestion, I'm all ears.

Thanks guys.

F1 are checking if they can beat the TyreLeader quote as they were a bit off.

Martins are nearly the same as F1 but won't deliver so not very economical either.

Still looking but may just go with TyreLeader before the end of today as the stock levels are low for rears!

Anymore suggestion, I'm all ears.

I get the best price online, then go to my local Kwik-Fit, they normally price match inc fitting etc, and saves messing around buying online.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=275/35/19&tbm=shop for the 275 see who is cheapest

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=245%2F40%2F19&tbm=shop 245

Last edited:
....but then kwik for will destroy your alloys using them to train their newest spotty recruit on low profile rubber.

Thanks guys. The price fluctuates this way or another but is more or less in the range I've posted so I'm going to order from the TyreLeader website tonight. Can't delay anymore as my new wheels are going to be here by Friday.

I thought CostCo usually do good deals on Michelins?

They have some weird policy where you need to have Michelins to change for Michelins. They are not the cheapest either.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

They have some weird policy where you need to have Michelins to change for Michelins. They are not the cheapest either.

I agree, not always the cheapest, but don't think you need to have Michelins before you can buy new ones. That would be bizarre.

Russ

When I priced up Michelins for the Q7 (295/35/21's) they quoted £260 fitted which was £40 cheaper per tyre (without fitting) from Camskill.

I agree, not always the cheapest, but don't think you need to have Michelins before you can buy new ones. That would be bizarre.

Russ

I double checked and that's what I was told. They also mount and dispose as part of the service and it's all included in the price. You can't opt out. My set is new and I wouldn't want them to mount the tyres. Could be my branch that's like that but I didn't bother asking elsewhere to compare.

Try Event Tyres.co.uk.

They come around aswell.

Put in discount code LC05 for 5% off.

reza_q said:
Try Event Tyres.co.uk. They come around aswell. Put in discount code LC05 for 5% off.

I have used these guys before, superb service.

Cheapest I ever found was Formula 1 Autocentres.

+1 for formula one autocentres. After seeing your post mate I went and priced a full set on the way home from work tonight. I was very impressed and they beat black circles quite comfortably.

2 x Michelin PSS 235/35/19 = £350
2 x Michelin PSS 265/30/19 = £440

So £790 all in which I thought was a pretty good deal :thumb:

Forgot to add that I did choose 265's on the rear as opposed to the std 255's because they were £15 cheaper each

Agree, been using Event since 2007. Brilliant. Never so much as marked an alloy.

Beat anyone on price and mobile fitters come to home or work.

Thanks for the discount code for Event Tyres but even then it's £275 per rear tyre whereas the cheapest I could find is... £215-216. Total bill with Event is £985, not the cheapest of the lot.

Wheels arrive tomorrow and I'm still looking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom