Good suv's in Sweden?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
none
So a relative who lives in Sweden said that he's looking forward to buying a luxury SUV after he gets back. It's Sweden, so naturally, Volvo seemed like an obvious option. But I prefer a pre 2007 Lexus LX, for reliability reasons and such. I've heard that the old XC 90s had drivetrain problems, and on the other side of that coin I don't know how the indie network for Lexus is down there. If there aren't any suggestions for luxury cars good for Sweden(service wise and part cost wise), I atleast need suggestions for Swedish auto forums which aren't just Swedish car brand centred. I couldn't find one, anyway.

Thanks in advance

We have a regular poster who's in Sweden. He might well see this and reply with advice.

If not, then I'll send him the thread link by a PM.

Volvo XC40 [ T5 MODEL] sensible SUV of 2018 according to TOP GEAR magazine. Selling like hot cakes in the UK evidently. Failing that, how about a Subaru Outback if they sell em in Sweden?
GLA rival the Volvo XC40?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had a friend who owned an 05 XC90 2.5T. Horrible thing, no ends of problems. If you want reliable and indestructible, a Tahoe / yulon is a pretty good alternative to the lexus landcruiser.

Hi,
How big do they need?
We are about to replace our 2015 ML63 AMG and really like the new X3 M40i as a replacement.
Nearly same performance as the ML63 - nearly double the fuel consumption, better safety tech, nicer interior, nearly half the price of a new GLE 63.
Cheers
Steve

Volvo XC40 [ T5 MODEL] sensible SUV of 2018 according to TOP GEAR magazine. Selling like hot cakes in the UK evidently. Failing that, how about a Subaru Outback if they sell em in Sweden?
GLA rival the Volvo XC40?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The Outback actually was the first car that came to mind, but I couldn't find them in any of the used car website option list. Thanks for the response, grober

Hi,
How big do they need?
We are about to replace our 2015 ML63 AMG and really like the new X3 M40i as a replacement.
Nearly same performance as the ML63 - nearly double the fuel consumption, better safety tech, nicer interior, nearly half the price of a new GLE 63.
Cheers
Steve
Thanks a lot for the lead, Steve(I was assuming you were thinking of selling your ML. If it wasn't, well this is kinda embarrassing). But he's looking for something in the 100,000 SEK/10,000 Euro range. I'm a little hesitant to recommend a Mercedes to him because he's not really a car guy and might be a little scared away by the cost of ownership(barring fuel costs). Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

We have a regular poster who's in Sweden. He might well see this and reply with advice.

If not, then I'll send him the thread link by a PM.
Thanks a lot, a111r. If you could, that'd be really helpful. If you think he'll be okay with it, can I get his username/profile name so that I can get in touch with him?

Hi,
How big do they need?
Cheers
Steve
Presumably you meant nearly half tne fuel consumption?

Thanks a lot, a111r. If you could, that'd be really helpful. If you think he'll be okay with it, can I get his username/profile name so that I can get in touch with him?

I've just PM'd him, I'm sure he'll get in touch with you.

Jeremiah Clarkson is rating this years cars, apparently dissin' Vulva. :cool: :oops:
Jeremiah's sayin' there's no clearer sign that your sex life must be dead if there's a Vulva on your driveway?
What did he mean by this remark?

Jeremiah gives the Volvo V60 a thumbs up for it's design, practicality and huge space but nothing else.

Jeremy Clarkson utser bästa och sämsta bilarna – totalsågar Volvo

Presumably you meant nearly half tne fuel consumption?
Hi,
Yes double the miles per litre - somhalf the consumption!
The ML63 has just gone and we replaced it with a new BMW X3M40i.
Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom