good to see 190's are still popular!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

katherinemerc

Car
BMW
I've been looking around various sites, and I am pleased to see that the 190D and E are still desirable cars.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on why?

Sharp design, well built, and had quite a sporty status. It was the first ever Merc I wanted and if I had the space/time/money then I'd get one today. No coincidence I've had a W203, 2024 and now on a 205 - the 190 started the fascination.

Did anyone see the Top Gear episode years ago, when they tried to destroy a 190 (I think) - they ended up exploding a bomb on top of the engine, and it still ticked over, afterwards - they are, literally, bomb proof!

And what does the W203 number represent, please?
It’s Mercedes internal model numbering system. In this case 203 refers to the C-class produced between 2000 and 2007 I think. The W means saloon (S203 would be the estate version). It succeeded the W202 and was replaced by the W204.

Did anyone see the Top Gear episode years ago, when they tried to destroy a 190 (I think) - they ended up exploding a bomb on top of the engine, and it still ticked over, afterwards - they are, literally, bomb proof!
It was a Toyota Hilux

Many years ago we were working up country and ordered a minicab to take us into the town centre. The three of us got into a bog standard, poverty spec 190E with about a million miles on the clock which duly took us to our destination. After we got out one of our number, who was by no stretch of the imagination a car enthusiast said "What a lovely car".

Many years ago we were working up country and ordered a minicab to take us into the town centre. The three of us got into a bog standard, poverty spec 190E with about a million miles on the clock which duly took us to our destination. After we got out one of our number, who was by no stretch of the imagination a car enthusiast said "What a lovely car".
That's it, they are so reliable, which is why they are the world's taxi, there is no greater compliment!

Yes, you are absolutely right, the Hilux! Pretty incredible what these cars will stand.

Yes, you are absolutely right, the Hilux! Pretty incredible what these cars will stand.
Ah yes I remember it now, I stand corrected although they did repeatedly try to destroy a Hilux and it still started. Even submerged it in the sea if I remember
Bob6600 - do you know why I have OP across my 'K' signature square, please? thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom