Good year or Dunlop tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick5

Car
W213
Hi need to get 4 tyres for W203 2005 Cdi and iam torn between these 2 brands.
Dunlop sport blue response or Goodyear efficient grip performance.
I live in Highland (Scotland) but travel once in a month to london. daily commute around 15 Miles to work.
your suggestion will be appreciated.
Many Thanks

Sorry, I have no experience of either, but I would be guided by whichever has the better performance ratings, eg. fuel efficiency, wet grip and noise level. If they are the same, it's a matter of personal choice, or check for customer reviews on them both.

I have the Goodyears on 2 vehicles, very happy with them

bob6600 thanks for your reply Dunlop wears v quick thats what tyrereviews.com says i think i will go for goodyear.

Dunlops wear slightly quicker but will grip & provide more feel over the Goodyears as Dunlop is the sprots side of the Goodyear Dunlop Co.

Had Dunlop FastResponse on my W203 when I was doing Motorway mileage, very good tyre.

It had better reviews at the time than the Eagle NCT 5 that came with the car.

I now have Conti PremiumContact 2 MOs, but seriously considering Dunlop BlueResponse as my next tyre due to very good reviews.

i like to have Dunlop my little concern is they wear quick if they last around 10k
miles i will be happy to have Dunlop Blue Response

I bought the Dunlop Blue Response, mainly because they were rated on average 3dB quieter than other brands. They seem to work well in all weathers, I only do a low mileage and so not particularly concerned about wear.

I've got the dunlop sport blue response all round on my w124 right now, its quite a soft tyre for me but is a good match to my w124 suspension. As has been pointed out they do wear quicker, but the wet grip is very good!

i like to have Dunlop my little concern is they wear quick if they last around 10k
miles i will be happy to have Dunlop Blue Response

I have dunlop sport and had them for the past 12k and still got around 3mm left

I had Dunlop sport bluresponse 15s put on the W124 convertible yesterday and as Anfieldassassin said, they really match the suspension well. Very comfortable, quiet and capable tyre.

Guys thank you so much for your replies i think i will go for Dunlop. I know its not end of the world but i think its good to ask on forum like this.
Thanks again.

I had 20" Dunlop's on my Jag XF and they were fantastic; great grip and super quiet.

If I hadn't known better I'd have never believed they were 20's on the car.

SPX thanks for your reply were they Dunlop sport bluresponse or sp sport?

Hi need to get 4 tyres for W203 2005 Cdi and iam torn between these 2 brands.
Dunlop sport blue response or Goodyear efficient grip performance.
I live in Highland (Scotland) but travel once in a month to london. daily commute around 15 Miles to work.
your suggestion will be appreciated.
Many Thanks

I think you will find that goodyear owns Dunlop, does not alter the fact that one has a different spec to the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom