Goodbye Astra, hello Octavia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coupe deville

Car
93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
My company car, leased MY10 Astra estate1.7tdi ecoflex life aircon, has departed, and been replaced with an Octavia estate 1.6tdi SE.
Oh no I'm a Skoda driver :wallbash:
But wait, the seat is comfy and better shaped than the old car, the air con is powerful, 4 leccy windows instead of just 2, leccy mirrors, big screen sat nav, radio sounds great, bigger boot with rear parking sensors, 16" alloys with 205 tyres, ( they look like they might fit my c124, might try them some time ) Lots of little cubbies for bits and pieces. Bloody things a nice place to be in all day.
Two moans, brakes are over servo'd and too much steering assist but I aint complaining. :thumb:

I am leasing 5 new Eco flex Vauxhall Astra's 1.7 cdti, tbh not very impressed with them. Mpg hardly see 42mpg (hopefully might be due new engine), build quality not very nice. Most hated thing is hand brake lever touching gear surround which is made of cheap plastic and had massive gaps under.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I am leasing 5 new Eco flex Vauxhall Astra's 1.7 cdti, tbh not very impressed with them. Mpg hardly see 42mpg (hopefully might be due new engine),

Umm, no. Some of ours only get 34mpg.

I never got more than mid 40's with the Astra, fleet manager was assured mpg would be low 60's when he signed a 3 year lease for 200. Apparently the Octavia is much better although I haven't had it long enough to compare. Drives about the same as the Astra, engine has a little less power but it's lighter.

I never got more than mid 40's with the Astra, fleet manager was assured mpg would be low 60's when he signed a 3 year lease for 200. Apparently the Octavia is much better although I haven't had it long enough to compare. Drives about the same as the Astra, engine has a little less power but it's lighter.

i hope he got that in writing!!

Leaden foot drivers are to blame, apparently.

I had my Octavia for six years before getting the Merc, it was a good car. People used to laugh at the Skoda badge but I think that is a thing of the past. Our local constabulary have a number of VRS models.

I had my Octavia for six years before getting the Merc, it was a good car. People used to laugh at the Skoda badge but I think that is a thing of the past. Our local constabulary have a number of VRS models.
Anyone who laughs now is a fool!

I don't understand why VW bought a company with a brand and immage Skoda had but they have made it work.

Well done I say......

Had an Octavia from new for nearly 8 years, great car nothing went wrong just filled it with fuel and it went, yes there are badge snobs out there but at the time it was exactly the same spec as a VW Passat and over 5K cheaper.

Cant beat an Octavia.....great cars with excellent build quality and some of the best seats in the business.

I'm currently driving a 2003 1.9 TDi Octavia Estate that came in as a PX with 198,000 miles on the clock and it drives superbly and I managed to squeeze 56.3mpg out of it this morning on a 45 mile drive.

The previous owner PX'd it against a 2008 Octavia that we were selling

I will say one thing..

the Cigigo model is extremely attractive.. looks better than the vw counterpart.. and in my opinion, a winner..

Citigo 3 Door - ?KODA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom