Goodbye C55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSTurbo50

Car
W212 E250 CDi AMG Sport
Well with a new job on the horizon the C55 has today been sold. Tied in with the fact I'm going to be doing more mileage, the muffler delete I had done on the C55 ruined my experience of the car. It was just too loud and I preferred the muted tone of the original C55 setup.

Anyways here is my replacement which I'm getting tomorrow..no idea what they are like

Mercedes-Benz 2009 (59) C Class C250 CDI Sport Auto Diesel Black | eBay

To be fair you were told numerous times the standard exhaust mods that everyone favours, and you went along and ignored all the advice................. Shame.

To be fair you were told numerous times the standard exhaust mods that everyone favours, and you went along and ignored all the advice................. Shame.

Only after I had the work done.....what I had done actually appears to be a common mod. Never mind onwards and upwards

the muffler delete I had done on the C55 ruined my experience of the car. It was just too loud and I preferred the muted tone of the original C55 setup.

Mercedes-Benz 2009 (59) C Class C250 CDI Sport Auto Diesel Black | eBay

Myself and others (who own these cars) did tell you NOT to delete the rear boxes/mufflers. Some going as far as to state that it would be too loud.

Secondary cats and resonator delete are the standard mod to make the car loud but not "too loud".

That is what I saw most had advised you to do.

I think i've read the Waterpumps give agro on the 250 cdi's

I didn't do any videos I'm afraid.

Iv today picked up a very tidy 57 plate CLK 320 CDi Sport in black...

Merc

Nice one...............leave the exhaust alone:D

Haha it will stay standard. What sort of things go wrong on these? Been told this V6 is a great unit..

I`ll tell you what ...you use it for a few weeks then tell us what you think?

Get a Celtic remap and it will fly including extra mpg.....put the correct ratio of 2T in the tank also which stops any black smoke and it also quietens it down a bit and you won`t know what engine is driving you!.....apart from it`s consumption...

Don`t let the scaremongers say this and that goes wrong just drive it and enjoy it ....the maintenance will be cheaper than you previous motor eg: only one O2 sensor and the MAF`s go on forever.

`Cos it is diesel red line it once every time you take it out as it thrives on it rather than town work.

Don`t forget every engine will have it`s problems and drivers!.....also now you do have a heavier body to lug around so you will have to allow.

Last edited:
I had the same two cars as you, albeit the CLK320 CDI followed by the C55. I really liked the CLK, I took it for a run to Wales through the mountains, it was pretty dam good considering the weight, the 7G is a good match for the carl, my only gripe was the launch delay but you work with it.
The CLK was used in all conditions and was the perfect car for it, remaps are good but don't expect 335d performance.
It's a lovely looking car with all the windows down, just keep it maintained and it should look after you.

I had the same two cars as you, albeit the CLK320 CDI followed by the C55. I really liked the CLK, I took it for a run to Wales through the mountains, it was pretty dam good considering the weight, the 7G is a good match for the carl, my only gripe was the launch delay but you work with it.
The CLK was used in all conditions and was the perfect car for it, remaps are good but don't expect 335d performance.
It's a lovely looking car with all the windows down, just keep it maintained and it should look after you.

What sort of MPG was you getting out of the CLK? May consider a remap but I worry it may put extra strain on the gearbox. Is it Worthing shelling out £300 on a used car warranty do you think?

Stock, on a run between Paris and London, all Motorway I stuck between 70-80 mph and was seeing and indicated 45 MPG on average, sometimes higher, which isn't bad for a V6 3.0 liter Diesel.
The remap helped improve the MPG, but as soon as you applied the accelerator the economy suffered more than stock so it was a balancing act after the remap, keep the rev's down and use the additional torque the returns were very good.
As for the remap, as long as the car has a decent history and you have it double checked by an Indy prior a map to be sure there are no underlying issues.
I used a reputable company for the remap, took it to about 275-280 hp, which was very noticeable, my 1/4 mile times were stock 14.7 tuned 13.8, this was at the same drag strip.
Personally, I would be tempted to leave it stock as it's still great to drive and you have piece of mind, if you want faster the look at the Audi A6, 4WD, 245hp stock over 300 mapped, real quick and agile for what they are.

Stock, on a run between Paris and London, all Motorway I stuck between 70-80 mph and was seeing and indicated 45 MPG on average, sometimes higher, which isn't bad for a V6 3.0 liter Diesel.
The remap helped improve the MPG, but as soon as you applied the accelerator the economy suffered more than stock so it was a balancing act after the remap, keep the rev's down and use the additional torque the returns were very good.
As for the remap, as long as the car has a decent history and you have it double checked by an Indy prior a map to be sure there are no underlying issues.
I used a reputable company for the remap, took it to about 275-280 hp, which was very noticeable, my 1/4 mile times were stock 14.7 tuned 13.8, this was at the same drag strip.
Personally, I would be tempted to leave it stock as it's still great to drive and you have piece of mind, if you want faster the look at the Audi A6, 4WD, 245hp stock over 300 mapped, real quick and agile for what they are.

I picked up my 57 plate CLK 320 CDi Sport yesterday. It's a lovely car. The question I have is driving the car at low speeds, for example around a car park. Iv noticed that it seems to chug a little bit at low speeds. I wouldn't call it a misfire but it feels slightly like that. Is it down to the gearbox and its operation or something more? Driving the car normally and flooring it their is no lack of power and it pulls very well indeed.

Just wondering if what I said was common or a common issue I need to have addressed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom