Goodbye CLK55 hello Audi A5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
welcome to the "audi" club.. just got an audi few months back.. brilliant brilliant cars!
It is indeed! Scared the pants off me!! Lovely, seriously fast car! :)

Must meet up soon and take a trip to the car wash! :D:D

Nice car, looks well in black with the black grille. A touch under-wheeled though, IMO.

Well that time finally came. On Sunday I said goodbye to my CLK55 AMG. I had the car from new and its no lie to say it change my life. Prior to owning it I had used cars to get from A to B. In the 8 years I owned it I have driven to Barcelona, Geneva, Amsterdam and Koln and tracked at at the Nurburgring (twice), Spa, Le Man (Bugatti) as well as numerous tracks here. :bannana:

But times move on and my new challenge is to learn about 4 wheel drive and how sports diffs work with it, STronic gearboxes and .... Diesel :eek:

Still the merc went to a nice new home so I am happy about that. :thumb: I get hand controls fitted to the Audi tomorrow (I cant use my legs) so should be on the road by the weekend!!:bannana:

Here are some pics
petermansell-albums-clk-graffiti-picture5615-new-car.jpg
petermansell-albums-clk-graffiti-picture5613-my-new-audi.jpg
petermansell-albums-clk-graffiti-picture5616-new-audi-a5.jpg

How strange is that i also said goodbye to my C55 and am currently running an Audi A4 Avant - not as nice as yours though Pete - Best wishes.

Will also be interested on how you get on with the A5.

I have the 55 in the garage but spend 80% of my time driving the wife's A5

Cant get olly out of his C43, already tried :(

Will also be interested on how you get on with the A5.

I have the 55 in the garage but spend 80% of my time driving the wife's A5

I'm not surprised buccal. I did an awful lot of research and reading regarding peoples experiences once I had found a basic shape of a model that met my needs. There are almost endless discussions regarding the pros and cons between the 3lt TDI and S5 and I think they will grow as now the new S5 is no longer a V8.

I looked at the S5 and it was my original choice but then after looking at the torque, suspension and seats chose the A5 as it suited me better.

I will write up my impressions next week :thumb:

I looked at the A5 and the 3 series but went for the C Coupe instead. I liked the audi interior, very classy and refined. Dealer was rubbish so we never gave it much more consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom