Goodbye E 350 coupe, hello Audi A5 Sportback

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebook

Car
Audi RS5
Pretty much as the title suggest, the Mercedes was collected today and replaced with an A5 Sportback Quattro.

Once I have had a chance to drive it more this weekend I will let you know my thoughts.

It didn't come with an iPod cable even though I selected the full MMI system meant I had to go out and buy one this afternoon. Not a great start, but I will give it the benefit of the doubt.

First impression is that it is very quick...

Is it the 3.0TDi with DSG. Reports of performance, handling and economy compared to the C/E coupes and estates would be interesting to gather.

A few pictures for anyone who is curious...

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 62
  • photo 1a.jpg
    photo 1a.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 66
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 64
It is leather, Audi exclusive line - Alabaster White. No photos I have seen do it justice! Bit of a gamble when ordering as I had not seen an example in the flesh, but was pleasantly surprised when the car arrived last week.

Will try and take some more interior shots as there is a distinct lack of them online.

Is it the 3.0TDi with DSG.

It is that one indeed, performance is immense. Ride is unbelievably firm (although that was to be expected) sports suspension and 20" wheels.

Too early to gauge fuel economy...

It is that one indeed, performance is immense. Ride is unbelievably firm (although that was to be expected) sports suspension and 20" wheels.

I've been running one of those in Coupe form for the last few weeks. Managed to clock up around 2500 miles batting backwards and forwards to Liverpool.

As you say, very hard ride but I have had over 40mph without trying on a run. Different story around town but that's to be expected.

Was also blown away with how good it was in the snow a couple of weeks ago even though it had big summer tyres on it and the way it goes round corners in just about any conditions seems to defy the laws of physics.

Last edited:
part of me is hoping we get more snow so I can test the Quattro capabilities, had some slush at the weekend and that was like being on a dry road.

Very impressed with build & material quality. The B&O sound is immense (didn't have HK in my 350 so can't directly compare).

No lag in pulling away which I hated in my Merc, seemed to take too long to get going, nearly caused some issues at busy roundabouts/junctions...

A few more images...

Attachments

• photo 4a.jpg
    photo 4a.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 25
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 22
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 21

Thought the latest ones came with adjustable suspension? -- or maybe that's just an option. Always wondered if today's ultra hard suspension on UK roads contributes to the frequent complaints of rattly/creaky trim on new cars . Nice looking car.:thumb:

Thought the latest ones came with adjustable suspension?

It has adjustable suspension from:

Comfort = firm ride

all the way through to:

Dynamic = bone jarring

Fortunately with the quality road surfaces we enjoy in the UK, I hardly notice the multitude of potholes as I drive around :crazy:

For the ironic amongst us, the above photos were taken at Mercedes Benz World...

Nice car dude, the E class was also nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom