Goodbye e coupe.......hello dark side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

docman

Hi all

At the weekend, engine became rattly again - it was the final straw.

Went to get sunday papers - took diversion to BMW dealer and ended up with --------- X6 35d:crazy:.

With the merc just had too many niggling issues which the dealer seemed unable/unwilling to fix.

Liking the x6 so far - seems much better with regards rattles etc. Also the logic 7 hi fi is miles better than the HArman Kardon in the e coupe - that bl**dy sub rattle in the rear shelf drove me nuts.:(

Obviosuly completely different drive. Liking it so far.

Thanks to all who replied to my OCD messages past 18 months.

Hope you enjoy your new motor -- but by GOD what an ugly beast you chose..:wallbash:

Hi all

At the weekend, engine became rattly again - it was the final straw.

Went to get sunday papers - took diversion to BMW dealer and ended up with --------- X6 35d:crazy:.

With the merc just had too many niggling issues which the dealer seemed unable/unwilling to fix.

Liking the x6 so far - seems much better with regards rattles etc. Also the logic 7 hi fi is miles better than the HArman Kardon in the e coupe - that bl**dy sub rattle in the rear shelf drove me nuts.:(

Obviosuly completely different drive. Liking it so far.

Thanks to all who replied to my OCD messages past 18 months.

Sorry to hear mb failed to deal with your issues to your expectations,good luck with your new car.

I never quite understood the X series cars from BMW - they are next to useless as off road cars so I hear. What made you choose one of these over say a range rover etc? (Genuinely Curious)

Hope you enjoy your new motor -- but by GOD what an ugly beast you chose..:wallbash:
Yeah, but great road presence!! They are very popular with the Russian mob guys in Vladimir! :)

:D No, really! It may be ugly (to some), but it stands out in a crowd! And, in Russia (possibly not so much here) they are well respected and look impressive. Trust me, when 4 Russian hard guys pull up next to you in a black X6, it has impact!! :D

Trust me, when 4 Russian hard guys pull up next to you in a black X6

Maybe not X6,but that did happen with an X5.When realised who they`re dealing with,left the car there and leged it

But not as much impact as 4 Russian hard guys in a black G-wagen, I wager!.

And like the others, docman, I wish you well with your new car, and understand your reasons.
But the X6 really is a heifer of a car!

Goodluck with the new car, MB dealers are just crap. nothing new there.

I never quite understood the X series cars from BMW - they are next to useless as off road cars so I hear. What made you choose one of these over say a range rover etc? (Genuinely Curious)

They are reasonable off road when they have suitable rubber on them for the conditions.

Great to drive tho and more than sufficient for most normal peoples off roading.

Main problem with X5 is that they're normally fitted with wrong wheels and tyres for off road. Change them and it should be reasonable.

X3 and X6 probably are off road jokes regardless.

Most 4WDs - even RRs and Discos never go off road. I've seen RRs and Discos with ultra low profile tyres - they look ridiculous.

The X6 is just an admission that the market is a bit strange.

Yes i know they are not the nicest looking but agree that they do have presence on the road.

Reason for not considering range rover is poor reliability - near bottom in JD power surveys - after my merc i thats the last thing i need.:doh:

Did briefly contemplate white and matte black but then common sense returned and i plumped for silver with red leather - enjoying it so far.

I-Drive not as bad as i remember in my 7 series - still prefer Comand.

Pictures please. I like the X6 and if I could afford one, I would go for it. Enjoy your car :thumb:

i have just sold my e coupe too, and am toying with a BM. How you like the X6, think its a funky car to look at personally. However I'm toying with a 535d M sport (which is the sensible choice, but cant get excited about) or an A7. Think the A7 is a lovely looking car, but will have to wait for an x demo to come on the market at you dont get much change out of £55k for a half decent spec one

One of my colleagues has just bought a RR, its been a 3 month tale of woe, totally out of order in a £75k luxury car
I'd be surprised if the X6 didn't give 2 or 3 years totally trouble free motoring

I hated the X6 first time I saw it, but it really has grown on me. The thing I don't like about BMW's is I find all their interiors (dash and switch gear mainly) a bit cheap looking - seems like they are still using the buttons from 10 years ago.

I like the X6, had one behind me on the M40 today, looks menacing... Lost him when the traffic cleared and I booted it. Nice choice.

Just priced up an X6 on the BMW site and got to £64k. Very nice spec though and a lot of options I would have loved on the E but weren't available (side view cameras, HUD, pre-heater function).

I could seriously be tempted when I am fed up of the E350.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom