Goodbye E55...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Due to one reason and another my E55 didn't leave me until tonight. Sad, very sad, to see it go but I aim to be back in an AMG in the new year, in a facelift E63 estate or a CLS 63 SB. The friend who bought it only lives a mile away though so I'm sure I'll be seeing plenty of it, only now I'll get to experience what it sounds like from the outside!

Even now I struggle to think of a car for less than £15k that ticks the boxes of a seven seat S211 supercharged V8... Great time to buy too, the market has bottomed out it seems and good examples can command a premium so depreciation is comfortable.

A few figures for anyone interested:

MPG average was 15.1

Non service item costs were circa £1200 (but £520 of that was the replacement Brabus pads because the track ones which were fitted squeaked)

Service costs were in the region of £500 and that included a gearbox and diff oil changes, full engine service and brand new wipers. All OEM too. Also new locking nuts and centre caps, all these from the dealer as well.

Tyre were £600 but that's because I fitted new alloys...

That might sound quite a bit for a relatively short period of ownership but it was worth every penny and I'd do it all over again and double!

Great cars, it's been a privilege to own one.

One C36, three C43's (one an estate), one C32, one CL55, one S211 E63 and two E55's (one an estate).

I make that nine in total...

time for a CLS55 :p

I was wondering when it would shift, surprised it didn't go sooner !

Anyway, well done and have fun finding your next stead :)

I was wondering when it would shift, surprised it didn't go sooner !
I had a lot of time wasters and dreamers, selling a car like that will always attract them I'm afraid and I wasted a lot of energy on them but just glad it's gone to someone who was like a child in a sweet shop when he drove off in it...

Anyway, well done and have fun finding your next stead :)
Thanks, it'll be a facelift RR Sport next but if everything goes to plan it'll be a facelift S212 E63 bi turbo or a CLS 63 bi turbo SB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take the e63 and have some fun with the grunt then move onto , by then , a cheaper RR for lazing about :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom