goodbye mb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So Mr Jim,you`re the one that got my other half angry today :crazy:
You`re not worth my reply to be honest,but I still wish you best of luck

And also Fat Boy...if you live on the North Circular Road, you don't live in Hendon.

Did we ever find out what he did for a living?

IIRC he alluded to being a police driver

my big disapointment with the c class was rust driving it was great,if i get fed up with the volvo i would probley come back to an e class

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 84
To clarify some of the Volvo talk....

Personally I am a big fan of Volvo but as some may know, have had some MB's and despite now driving both Volvo and a Bmw 3 (sorry!) I very much miss the MB's...there is something special about an MB. :)

Volvo shares engines with Ford and Peugeot.

The 1.6D is Ford engine. The 2.0D is a Ford/Peugeot (PSA) engine.

Focus ST and RS uses the T5 engine from Volvo, although modified (heavily modded in the RS).

Volvo's D5 is their own, so is the T6 and the new T3, T4 and T5 engines.

The V8 is made by Yamaha and is supposed to be one of the most effecient V8's on the market.

Volvo and Ford (+ Mazda) also shares platforms. The C30, S40, V50 and C70 (new model) are all Focus platforms and thanks to this, drives great. Mazda also uses this platform in the Mazda 3.

The new S60, V60, XC60 all share the same, Volvo designed platform. Drives absolutely like no other Volvo before.

The S80, V70 and XC70 (all current versions) all shares the platform with the Mondeo and Freelander.

The big 4x4 Volvo, the XC90 shares it's Volvo designed platform with quite a few cars. Mainly american.

Solution to the problem. Just stick to MB, love it's foibles, and appreciate the over-engineering that 90% of the car has. The rust can be replaced, but you cant replace dullness with spirit. my troubled MB staggers me every day, and I fight it's corner to my other half most weeks, but it makes me care.

If cars don't do this, roll on the time when we get in a box on a rail and it whisks us to our destination while we play on an iphone or something.

Had a Volvo. Loved the seats. It was reliable but I never once went fir drive just fir the fun if it. Frugal too.
Still get a grin when driving my MB even now after almost 5 and a half years. Wish it was all wheel drive in winter though :D.
I have a hankering after a golf Gti but know I would miss my MB after a while.
So it's value now isn't too great so it makes sense IMHO to run it fir as long as it goes. Now in many cars that's a punishment UN mine it's a treat.

Forgive spelling but done on iPhone app.

There's no such thing as a Ford platform Volvo so on that basis I agree with you.

Volvo use a stretched Ford C1 platform for the following Volvo cars:

2004> Volvo S40 saloon
2004> Volvo V50 estate
2006> Volvo C70 coupe/convertible
2007> Volvo C30

im just a mercedes fan with 4 benzes on MB club

other cars are a waste of time imho.. why buy a new mondeo when i can get a 202 2.8 V6 or a 3.2L V6 203.. or even a e220 124 coupe...

im just a mercedes fan with 4 benzes on MB club

other cars are a waste of time imho.. why buy a new mondeo when i can get a 202 2.8 V6 or a 3.2L V6 203.. or even a e220 124 coupe...

Because there is life beyond an MB and different cars suit different people. Not to see and recognise is to be a little blinkered.

But we have had this conversation before...

If , for no other reason , you don't try the rest ; you won't appreciate the best !

I have had many other cars which have come and gone , but there has never been a time , since I started driving in the mid 1970's that I have not had at least one Mercedes .

Agreed. I've had four MBs now, will probably always own one, but I do like and appreciate other makes too. Variety is the spice of life!

There are also segments of the Market omitted by MB here in UK.

GLK and 4 wheel drive estates not here!!! Why?

Agreed. I've had four MBs now, will probably always own one, but I do like and appreciate other makes too. Variety is the spice of life!

been around the globe...owned mbs before hand owned them after.... drove loads of other cars.. and:dk:

still drive and own MBs..

there are such things as fanatics.. me being that MB fanatic..

i do agree with crockers i have looked at importing a GLK for my missus in place of her much beloved 203... id love a dark blue one..

Merc 4x4 Estates

I have a 320CDi estate which has covered more than 300k miles.Great car with few problems.However I want to get an estate 4x4,which Merc does not offer in UK.Have plumbed for an Audi Avant 3.0 TDi,which I don't think is as good as a german E350 CDi 4x4.Merc in Uk tell me that there's 'no demand' for their 4x4 saloons/estates.If that is the case,why does Audi/VW sell them???

Technically if you don't sell one, I suppose you could say there is no demand for something that doesn't exist, but I believe the real reason is the cost of doing a RHD conversion. Merc have form - for years (like most of the other German manufacturers) they thought we would be happy with small diesel 4x4s and left the big V8 ones back in Germany.

I can live without the GLK which is a munter, but a 4x4 E class 350 CDI would be high on my list of very desirable cars to own. Audis are not, as they ride like the suspension is built from almost set concrete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom