Goodbye S203, hello S205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
We've been looking to replace the S203 for a little while now, and picked this up today:

C300 Sport.jpg

It's an ex-demonstrator C300 Sport Premium in Cavansite Blue. Had an embarrassing moment at the dealership when I was unable to start it - yes I'd forgotten that you need your foot on the brake before pressing the button 😊 :D

It's certainly a big jump in technology from the S203 ... lots to get to grips with including NTG 5.5 ... all without a printed handbook/manual of course! It wasn't until I started playing with the cluster display on the way home that I realised it does have 'mild hybrid'. This only seems to be used to assist standing starts ... it appears to charge up (in a couple of seconds) whenever you stop? I knew the 200 had this but hadn't seen it mentioned on the 300.

Now to download the app and start reading ...

Looks great. 255bhp? Or thereaboutsShould be suitably swift in C class guise.

What interior does it have?

Looks great. 255bhp? Or thereaboutsShould be suitably swift in C class guise.

What interior does it have?

Yep 258 bhp, it does seem pretty brisk ... official 0-62 is 6.0. Certainly more lively than the 203, which was a late 230 with the 2.5 V6.

Interior is just standard I think - black Artico, gloss black/aluminium trim, grey headliner.

Love the colour and the lack of privacy glass 💥

Thanks, privacy glass is nice from the inside but I do prefer the appearance without it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom