Goodbye to Old Leo (w201)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jpskiller

Car
Wifes
Wife too upset to post (her car) so down to me.

We have had the 190 for 5 years, and has served us well, apart from a frontspring, waterpump and tyres its been cheap to maintain and has always gone through MOT without an issue.

Just had MOT in jan, all required was 2 tyres.

Car has had intermittent juddering/cutting out issue for last 1 year, normally sorted by cleaning fuel relay connectors, but other day while wife was out, it started juddering, then loud bag and burning smell, and engine cut out, she managed to get it started and it managed to limp most way down road to her friends before dying again just had to be pushed last few yards.

She's decided due to age, and rust and paintwork, not to risk getting the repair and have it laid to rest, so off to scrapyard heaven it goes in a few days :(

May it rest in peace

Car has been replaced by a Volvo S80 2.4 Auto S, 2001, 97,000 - got at bargain price with full MOT/TAX and FSH

Last edited:
She's decided due to age, and rust and paintwork, not to risk getting the repair and have her laid to rest, so off to scrapyard heaven she goes in a few days :(

May it rest in peace

What about the car? :D

Lovely interior on Leo if I remember it rightly. Must be worth a bob or two for interior alone. Commiserations to the Purple Goddess.

interior very worn, only things keeping / selling are the wooden steering wheel with boss, and the carat duchatelet cluster, only thing wrong with that is mileage/trip meter dont work, cog slipped (never got round to fixing), also has the outside temp readout, but not the sensor.

put cluster on ebay, within an hour was offered 85 countered 115, agreed now sold :)

steering wheel has 11 watchers on it, a guy asked how much to post to Brazil (bit too much I think)

Car Now Scrapped : £190, £120 for Cluster, £50 for steering wheel and should get around £80 back on Tax = £440

not bad since car cost £600 6 years ago, and what its had in that time

Classic Bangernomics. Cheap motoring in a decent car.

..and how much is a MB service these days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom