Goodwood 2006 - Festival of Speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
I think this is in early July this year - is anyone thinking of going?

Link:http://www.goodwood.co.uk/fos/

I went last year on the friday, fantastic weather and a great day out. Pretty good Mercedes presence and a host of other interesting vehicles, both old and new :)

I'd like to go again, possibly on the friday as I did last year as I think it tends to be less crowded (got free tickets last year too... ;) )

I'll see if I can find a link... :)

Will

Last edited:
Normally go on the Friday also... not seen any freebie ticket offers yet though. ISTR it was courtesy of Times Online last year.

As of last year or the year before, it is advance ticket entry only.

yep - going on friday - hosting a corporate day with 15 guests so not having to pay a bean and getting decent lunch!

I've never been, would like to go, will see what we're doing then (July 7 / 8 / 9). Looks like kids under 12 are free!

Hoping too.. Just done the BP Ultimate Layouts.. was good last year

Excellent - seems like I'm not the only one keen :)

Could have a mini GTG and a glass of Pimms at some point during the day! :cool:

Will

Looking good for us, other half says she might even be able to get a couple of complimentary tickets ... well it doesn't hurt to ask, does it!

BTB 500 said:
Looking good for us, other half says she might even be able to get a couple of complimentary tickets ... well it doesn't hurt to ask, does it!
If you don't ask, you don't get ;)

Will

yep - going on friday - hosting a corporate day with 15 guests so not having to pay a bean and getting decent lunch!

I'll be there on the 7th being wined and dined as corporate hospitality :D

I normally catch up with Dorian and who ever else is about at Goodwood, but despite having the day booked off, don't think I wll be making it this year.

I will be there for most of the three days, mainly as I am local. The Revival meetings are also fantastic! Just be aware, the boys in blue are out in force with those nifty little cameras just waiting to get a shot of you as you hammer it around the local area trying to do your own hill climbs.

As on the coporate side, been to many there and such a shame that too many never actually look at the cars or watch the hill race, too busy quaffing the vintage shampoo. Lets hope its dry, dont fancy being pulled out othe mud by a tractor like a few years ago, which was funny as it was in the press car park!!

Where else can yo be so close to some amazing vehicles, enjoy the ambiance, even my wife likes the event (hates cars!). Come down and enjoy what the south coast has to offer. Great places to visit, superb eateries, beautiful beaches, etc etc etc

smillion said:
I'll be there on the 7th
Not me - i will be at Le Mans for the Classic race by then :)
jwarren said:
a shame that too many never actually look at the cars or watch the hill race, too busy quaffing the vintage shampoo
Not my guests - requirement no.1 is a love for cars - last year one guest spent the entire time in the auction tents - didn't even have lunch with us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom