Goodwood Festival of Speed 11th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
For those of you who have not noticed what has spawned from the BRABUS Kent Thread , there are a number of us heading down to the Goodwood Festival of Speed on Friday 11th July.

Getting there for 07:30 am and should be a full days fun.

Going down there with a Smart-owner mate, many thanks to GDC200 (and Sym :p) for sorting out the Brabus stand passes :)

Andy

Could be another day to use the 1000+ images potential of my 128MB memeory card!! From Brabus to **** Dastardly. As long as there arn't too many Mutley's about it should be very good........

get snapping I have no storage problems on my personal server - I have replaced the PSU - the server is up.

Originally posted by Koolvin
get snapping I have no storage problems on my personal server - I have replaced the PSU - the server is up.

BUT are YOU comimg???

I cant say, yesterday I was on another campus and today my boss is away so I am not sure untill begining of next week :Sigh:

I will be going on Friday 11th as well, I was lucky enough to be invited to attend the private viewing of the SLR on the Mercedes stand, so depending on what is allowed will take some pics and post these.

Is there anyway of meeting up maybe in the early afternoon? I have not been to Goodwood before, so unfamiliar with the layout etc. Maybe we should aim for 3:00 somewhere central? Any ideas?

DB1

Originally posted by db1
I will be going on Friday 11th as well, I was lucky enough to be invited to attend the private viewing of the SLR on the Mercedes stand, so depending on what is allowed will take some pics and post these.

Is there anyway of meeting up maybe in the early afternoon? I have not been to Goodwood before, so unfamiliar with the layout etc. Maybe we should aim for 3:00 somewhere central? Any ideas?

DB1

Pm'd you my mobile number - just call us.

Guess eveyone is going on Friday sigh, can only go on Sunday, will there be nobody to say hello to

I plan to arrive Sunday with wife , toddler plus baby. If like last year very hot and enough to keep one occupied all day. Looking forward to Brabus stand - taster pictures impressive.

Koolvin, Sym.

I'll try and catch you guys online tonight or tommorrow to discuss arrangements -

but I have been warned that it a small lane leading to the entrance at Goodwood and the q's really build up (like Santa Pod I imagine).

Are you guys really prepared to get there for 07:30?

I am, but from Heathrow we need about 1.5 hours I would say.

Shouldn't be too bad on a friday,most people still at work, Sat and Sun very bad, arrive no later than 6.30am. have only been once on a friday and it was quite easy.

Been reliably informed by a colleague (who just so happens to be marshalling on the F1 paddock) that Nick Heidfeld has been given a few days off by Sauber to attempt to beat his longstanding hillclimb record. Plus the other F1 teams there will be having a proper crack at it too :eek:

I was upa t 4am so it's been a long day already and I will be up only slightly later tommorrow morning.

So, it's good night from me................and see you at 06:30am Sym and Koolvin.

Any plan changes better use my mobile.

Everyone else - see you at Goodwood - most of you have my number - will be there approx 07:30-8 onwards.

Hi RDCW, Want to meet at Brabus stand just to say hello, won't be able to stop long as will be with friends and they like to wonder, if you know what i mean. All the best Rob

Thanks to Sym, Greg and SmartBrabus for good company on an excellent day out.

likewise Graham.

pictures to be posted shortly !!

S.
(sun-burnt to a crisp !)

Excellent day as always. Regretting not being ****d to take my camera now...

We had a very funny conversation with Lamborghini's chief test driver Valentino Balboni - when asked whether the new Gallardo was a better drive than the Murcielago, his diplomatic reply was (in very softly spoken italian accent)
There are many different type of beautiful lady
:D :D

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom